• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

SB Acoustics Satori Monitor

Here is harmonic distortion at medium volume and spectrum at 200Hz and 1.1kHz. This driver is exceptional clean. Second harmonic is the lowest i measured, third is low too.
The 1.1kHz spectrum has just 0.3% THD, the spectrum at 200Hz is around 1%.

Attachments

• Satori Bass harm dist medium.pdf
    18.3 KB · Views: 314
  • Satori Bass spektrum 1,1kHz.pdf
    18.9 KB · Views: 195
  • Satori Bass spektrum 200Hz.pdf
    18.7 KB · Views: 177
Here are the multi tone measurements, also very clean and inverse FFT ( Gerhard Test ) even lower then the tweeter. The tweeter will of cause not get the full energy over the whole band because the crossover will lower the energy under 2kHz.

Attachments

• Satori Bass Gerhard Test Invers FFT.pdf
    13.5 KB · Views: 183
  • Satori Bass Multitone notched.pdf
    19.5 KB · Views: 149
  • Satori Bass Multiton high.pdf
    19.5 KB · Views: 248
I have measured the T/S parameters of the Satori woofer. My results come out close to the published data of the 8 Ohm model. I have somewhat less Qm and a bit lower Qts.
A QB3 reflex would come out at 15 liter so this driver works well in a rather small enclosure. I decided on an slightly over damped alignment in a 20 liter box.
In that box -3dB is around 50Hz. In room the extension will go into the 30th. I think pushing such a small driver deeper makes no sense but it is a very good performance in a compact cabinet. Also quite ideal to add a sub later.

Attachments

• Satori 16cm T-S.txt
    1.1 KB · Views: 263
  • Satori 16cm 4 Ohm box information.pdf
    9.4 KB · Views: 332
  • Satori 16cm 4 ohm 20 l frd.pdf
    16.7 KB · Views: 258
  • Satori 16cm 4 ohm 20 l imp.pdf
    13.5 KB · Views: 220
Joachim,

I don't know if you read the issue 4/2012 of the "Hobby Hifi" magazine where they tested the 8 Ohm version of the Satori mid-woofer?

It seems like your distortion measurements doesn't show the same second-order distortion peak at the cone-edge resonance as they measured, which is a good thing. :)

I wonder if SB Acoustic made any changes to the design?

Regards

/Göran

I have that issue but the drivers that i have do not show distortion at the frequencies.
I checked that several times because i know that this can be a problem.
Maybe they got early prototypes.

That's great news!

However I don't think the importance of the second-order distortion peak at the cone-edge resonance should be over exaggerated.

I have the same issue with my AudioTechnology 15H mid-woofer and it's one of the best sounding mid-woofers I've had in my possession.

AudioTechnology 15H520613SDK Measurements!

I think a pair of Satories will be in my shopping list soon. :D

Where could I get the 4 ohm version?

/Göran