• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

SB Acoustics Satori Monitor

Here you see how the decoupling was done in the Virgo.
This is 20 years ago so it is not a new idea.

Attachments

• Virgo decoupled tweeter.jpg
    Virgo decoupled tweeter.jpg
    12.5 KB · Views: 2,752
We are working on some minor details like how to mount the crossover.
I think it will be available in a bit more then a month.
The kit will be distributed by the SB importers and some local dealers will have it too.
I will sell the kit too but even i have to buy it from the German importer.

Hey Joachim,
do you have any updates for us?
Regards Dennis

Question about measurements in #413

Hallo Joachim,

I have some questions about your measurements in #413:

1. I think Satori Mon DIY 1.0 FRD.pdf is the mesuremet infront of the box. Because the phase is linear falling it and no big steps can be found it looks ideal. Is this phase made by the step in front of the case?
2. How is this measurement Satori Mon DIY 1.0 FRD null.pdf, made, because it looks not so ideal?
3. Is in this mesurement Satori Mon DIY 1.0 individual phase.pdf the tweeter with the filter measured as red line and the bas as blue line separately?

Chris

I have now put the drivers into the factory made cabinets and did some photos.

I have opened a thread on the Meniscus forum for discussion of the Kairos loudspeaker kit (it is their, after all).

Any way either of you two gents (Jeff or Joachim) ever plan to design a bass section for your designs.

Given the floor space a stand occupies a bass section (like the famous Puppy) would be a nice idea and even extend the SPL capabilities of your Monitors.

Hello all,

interesting and constructive thread this is.

I'm not posting much (not an expert as some guys here), but following continously. Thanks to Mr. Gerhard for sharing all this with DIY community.

With this new Satori generation I would be interested to build kit for myself, not only for listening, but also for development of my knowledge in speakers design and measurements. I like 4 ohm version and fat-ceramic-penguin look - total DIY and completely opposite to classy appearence of official kit.

Maybe I missed, but are the dimensions of that box defined anywhere (except baffle width and thickness)? If there are some legal reasons between Mr. Gerhard and SB I will understand. Otherwise, it is essential to follow geometry, it is shown how smallest changes can influence performance...

Other question would be regarding amplifier requirements. Are Pass Aleph 30 or PP KT88 UL (40W) enough for smaller listening rooms? I guess that low-loss, light cone Satori is easy to drive monitor? Or it needs some current reserves?

TNX!

Regards, Sasa.

Still i was not able to catch up here.
I have Skyped with SB in Indonesia and they will ship the first cabinets to Denmark at the end of this month.
There are no copyright issues with the simpler DIY version in the self made box.
It is only for the ready made cabinets that even i have to buy it from the official importers.
I build one of the chip board boxes with tiles but not the other so i could not listen in Stereo.
I hope to have that ready in the next two weeks. Then i will also give the full details how to build that version.

for those of you going to RMAF this year. we will be sending this new Kit to madisounds room. we have decided on the new name for this model,. as you may or may not know "Satori" is a Budhist term meaning the embarkation to enlightment. in the Keeping the Satori idea, The name is KALASAN, Kalasan translates to PURE RIVER,the KALASAN temple was built in 778AD in Central Java, Indonesia near our factory. where it still stands to this Day.

I hope everyone will have a chance to listen to Kalasan, I would love to hear your Comments and suggestion for future projects.

we will be showing a revised version of the SBA EKA 2 way. Both kits will be availble with or with out cabinets starting first of the year 2014. Hopefully earlier

Color options on tweeter flanges

I do not know at the moment if the factory made cabinets will be offered.
I sure will measure the drivers in this cabinet and also the port output.
Yes, the silver ring draws some attention. Maybe i can talk SB into making a version with a black ring. The ring can also be sprayed black quite easy.
The cabinets look better during the day then on the photos i did at night with flash.
I did now some photos without flash.

To answer everyone yes we can offer the single color plates if your distributor asks for them. so far we only made the 2 color plates to kind of show it is acutally made in 2 pieces.

Satori Kalasan Cabinets

Hello all,

interesting and constructive thread this is.

I'm not posting much (not an expert as some guys here), but following continously. Thanks to Mr. Gerhard for sharing all this with DIY community.

With this new Satori generation I would be interested to build kit for myself, not only for listening, but also for development of my knowledge in speakers design and measurements. I like 4 ohm version and fat-ceramic-penguin look - total DIY and completely opposite to classy appearence of official kit.

Maybe I missed, but are the dimensions of that box defined anywhere (except baffle width and thickness)? If there are some legal reasons between Mr. Gerhard and SB I will understand. Otherwise, it is essential to follow geometry, it is shown how smallest changes can influence performance...

Other question would be regarding amplifier requirements. Are Pass Aleph 30 or PP KT88 UL (40W) enough for smaller listening rooms? I guess that low-loss, light cone Satori is easy to drive monitor? Or it needs some current reserves?

TNX!

Regards, Sasa.

I will be posting complete design package shortly.

Kit at RMAF

I attended RMAF today. The Satori speakers in the new cabinets were there but were not playing as the gents from Madisound indicated one of the tweeter connections came loose in transit. Bummer. But the cabinets were quite beautiful -- stunning really. Also, there was one Ekta speaker in a black glossy cabinet there and it looked quite nifty.

As to the Sartori cabinets, what price range will they be offered in? I very much look forward to the kit's release.