Satori MW16P-4

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
If you can time gate your measurement you can measure indoor... also at some distance, but off course you can't say anything about low freq this way, but as at the bad shot (with an I) happens in the ober part of the working-range a gated measurement is way OK...
For the low freq, I do like Herr Gerhard.. close in, to get the membrane, and same in the port to check for noises you don't want...

Yes indeed, taking the mic out to 30-50cm is what I do also and so far that has been more then enough. Of course most of my drivers are not what one would consider large in diameter, so for a 6.5" driver, whose cone diameter is probably around 12cm, 50cm is pretty much in the farfield already.

Hi Goran,

I'm looking at using these drivers in a project and am wondering if the measurements are still available. I'd like to see them if possible. The link in the OP comes up with a 500: Server error.

A description/drawing of your baffle layout is necessary for any useful crossover experiments. Goran/others might have physical measurements for a baffle layout similar to yours which would give a great 1st design launch that should only require minor tuning. You could also pull SPL measurements from 8-ohm Kairos / Adelphos / Kalasan and adjust ZMA.

Attachments

• Baffle Size Xover.jpg
    Baffle Size Xover.jpg
    145.2 KB · Views: 299
A description/drawing of your baffle layout is necessary for any useful crossover experiments. Goran/others might have physical measurements for a baffle layout similar to yours which would give a great 1st design launch that should only require minor tuning. You could also pull SPL measurements from 8-ohm Kairos / Adelphos / Kalasan and adjust ZMA.
Thanks, but this is hardly my first speaker design/build. I was looking more for distortion, but would take anything else too. The rest I'll develop on my own.
I'll look at the other designs you mentioned though.

Hi Goran,

I'm looking at using these drivers in a project and am wondering if the measurements are still available. I'd like to see them if possible. The link in the OP comes up with a 500: Server error.

Hi,

You should be able to access the website now. My webhosting company had some issues when upgrading their servers.

SB Acoustics “Satori” MW16P-4

Regards

/Göran

I had DADO-measurements of harmonic distortion on my system for MW16P-08. SPL cone edge resonance bump at 1,150Hz also seen in distortion plot is consistent.

Also, distortion measurments from AudioXpress magazine. January 2012 includes Klippel analysis.

Also, SPL plots for Satori MW16P-8 vs. larger MW19P-8 in case your application might favor the extra Sd. The SB29RDC dome tweeter with Fs = 600Hz remains smooth down to a 1600Hz LR4 crossover and should blend well with both.

Attachments

• Satori-MW165DC-08N36-DA00-HD.gif
    Satori-MW165DC-08N36-DA00-HD.gif
    24.3 KB · Views: 261
  • Satori-MW165DC-08N36-DA00-CSD.gif
    Satori-MW165DC-08N36-DA00-CSD.gif
    25.9 KB · Views: 247
  • Satori-MW165DC-08N36-DA00-FR.gif
    Satori-MW165DC-08N36-DA00-FR.gif
    12.1 KB · Views: 257
  • MW16 AudioXpress.jpg
    MW16 AudioXpress.jpg
    107.5 KB · Views: 264
  • MW16__MW19 SPL.jpg
    MW16__MW19 SPL.jpg
    117.6 KB · Views: 130
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.