SANWU TPA3116 + CSR8635 Bluetooth 4.0 - Noise Fix

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Okay today I played around with the AUX input a bit. Actually it turned out to be pretty easy.. I enabled one PIO input, set "USB AUDIO ALWAYS ROUTED" (Dont know if that is needed) and the Inputs began working. Setting a user event for Wired input seemed to make no difference.

I learned the Volume level of the AUX in is related to the A2DP Default volume level which is a bit of a bummer since I set it low to make the audio tones a reasonable level, but with it low, the AUX input is very quiet. setting to 15 makes the AUX level much more reasonable but still not as loud as the BT audio.

But all of this is a bit unimportant because the original issue of popping when the unit shuts down the AMP seems to still be there- So I am guessing that its not because the amp is shutting down, its more to do with the Muting process... and Amplifier gain as you mentioned previously. Im thinking the next step is removal/ bypass of the components you mentioned for the preamp.

Project for a later day....

Okay today I played around with the AUX input a bit. Actually it turned out to be pretty easy.. I enabled one PIO input, set "USB AUDIO ALWAYS ROUTED" (Dont know if that is needed) and the Inputs began working. Setting a user event for Wired input seemed to make no difference.

I learned the Volume level of the AUX in is related to the A2DP Default volume level which is a bit of a bummer since I set it low to make the audio tones a reasonable level, but with it low, the AUX input is very quiet. setting to 15 makes the AUX level much more reasonable but still not as loud as the BT audio.

But all of this is a bit unimportant because the original issue of popping when the unit shuts down the AMP seems to still be there- So I am guessing that its not because the amp is shutting down, its more to do with the Muting process... and Amplifier gain as you mentioned previously. Im thinking the next step is removal/ bypass of the components you mentioned for the preamp.

Well, then they possibly implemented muting-functionality between the CSR module and the TPA. So the question is, do they use /MUTE or /SDZ for this. From my memory /SDZ performed better than /MUTE. Excessive popping is due to the capacitance value of the dc-blocking-caps when their bias-voltage is removed.

Btw. Do you have "Low-Power-Audio-Codec" enabled in CSR Tools? Better to have it disabled.

Yes carefully solder to the CSR. I went through a 0.47 MFD cap which should be okay, but the data sheet shows a whole circuit for wired aux connection.

Caps are needed due to dc-bias coupling. For single-ended input, the negative inputs are connected to GND via a cap as well.

hi, i got 2 questions.

1. i got a new module like this:

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/clas...5-bluetooth-4-0-noise-fix-15.html#post5310492

but with a CSR8635 chip which i programed. all works well but i want to know whats the max voltage i can apply to it. someone in another forum said this:

4 ohm boxes - max 18V
6 ohm boxes - max 24V
8 ohm boxes - max 16V

i got 2x 8 ohm 25w speaker and the modul can do 2x 50w

-----------

2. i also got this module:
Wireless Bluetooth 4.0 Audio Receiver Digital TDA7492P 50W+50W Amplifier Board Part component HIFI amplificador Power Amplifiers-in Integrated Circuits from Electronic Components & Supplies on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

which got an CSR A64210 chip and i also could reprogram it. it has no HISS sound from the beginning YAY. but when pausing some music and playing it again at MAX Volume it got some POP sound and i can see at my variable power supply that the voltage wents from 16.8V to like 9 and than again up ( ~1 sec) and after that everything is ok.

i already removed nearly all Tones likefor mute, power on etc (only the one for battery is left) but i cant get rid of this one POP sound.

Her goes ...

The TPA3116 2 x 50W rating is the chip's thermal limitation (100W in PTBL single channel mode). It will never deliver 50 W into an 8 ohm load. That's physics.

RMS power out is dependent on two things: PS voltage and driver impedance. The nominal equation for a single, DC supply class D amp in BTL mode is:

P rms = V squared / (2 * Impedance)

So at 24 V into 8 ohms you get ~36 W rms. Nearly double that into 4 ohms, etc.

But to get a more accurate number, you need to take into account semiconductor voltage losses in the chip itself. TI's published spec.'s show that.
For example; AT 24 V into 8 ohms TI spec.'s ~33 W rms (1.0 % THD).

And if the amp modules has a reverse polarity protection diode on the PS input, there is an additional voltage loss up to 1 V through the diode during peak current draw (when it counts for max power out).

A good rule-of-thumb is to subtract 1 V from the PS voltage and use that figure in the V squared divided by 2, divided by driver impedance equation.

Run the amp at 24 V. If you have 4 ohm drivers you can get over 50 W. Technically that exceeds the thermal capacity. But, all these ratings are for a sine wave as it is the only consistent way to rate amp power. And music is never as power dense as a sine wave, perhaps 1/2 to 1/3 as dense from my casual observations. The worst that can happen is the chip will shut down and recover when the temp falls. Having a good heat sink, applied properly and good air flow and I doubt the chip will ever shut down at 24 V with 4 ohm drivers.

I would love to how you programmed that particular CSR8635 module (I've been investigation programming the CSR86xx series so I have some background). It doesn't look like there are available pads for the SPI programming connections.

Last edited:
thanks for that reply. as for progamming it. my boards do have exposed pads below the CRS chip. and here are some pictures i use :

.png.png

CRS.png

n_lVMSdcAdpCZ8-jZLN9UYVkwCJseRfESBo44WlLomE.png

2. i also got this module:
Wireless Bluetooth 4.0 Audio Receiver Digital TDA7492P 50W+50W Amplifier Board Part component HIFI amplificador Power Amplifiers-in Integrated Circuits from Electronic Components & Supplies on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

which got an CSR A64210 chip and i also could reprogram it. it has no HISS sound from the beginning YAY. but when pausing some music and playing it again at MAX Volume it got some POP sound and i can see at my variable power supply that the voltage wents from 16.8V to like 9 and than again up ( ~1 sec) and after that everything is ok.

i already removed nearly all Tones likefor mute, power on etc (only the one for battery is left) but i cant get rid of this one POP sound.

thanks to millstonemike reply i tested the module with more voltage and the pop sound is "gone" from around 21.2 till 28 Volt i dont hear that pop sound but i can see the speaker going up (not to much)

but if there is some other fix i would appreciate it

Thanks for that.

What S/W did you use? I've seen/have PStool and the various versions of the CSR Bluetooth suite. But I was looking for the CSR Unversal Parameter programmer(?) to program the equalizer.

at first i also used the PStool but i only used it to change the name of the module, but i since i also got the Config Tool CSR8600 ROM series(3.0.64) and on this version i saw that it is also able to do that i only used that software to program it.

i couldnt find a equalizer software for the 8635 so far. i got so far all the software from 52bluetooth.com

at first i also used the PStool but i only used it to change the name of the module, but i since i also got the Config Tool CSR8600 ROM series(3.0.64) and on this version i saw that it is also able to do that i only used that software to program it.

i couldnt find a equalizer software for the 8635 so far. i got so far all the software from 52bluetooth.com

Well I was looking for the CSR Universal Parameter Manager. also called the Universal Front End. And I finally found it to install and here's links to the three zip files:

Part1
Part2
Part3

I can't use the CSR app yet as I haven't got my SPI interface yet. However, the CSR UFE front page has a menu for documents and it includes a document under Music Manager. That doc has Eq instructions. On another site I've read that the chip must be streaming music for the EQ parameter changes to take effect. I'm sure if that's true or if that user had other issues.

The reason I need it: I believe (after measurements) that the CRS8635 daughter board contained on my amp has EQ to limit bass starting at 100 Hz and on down. I presume that the daughter board was originally programmed for those mini BT speaker phones where their tiny speakers can't handle deep bass.

Last edited:
@millstonemike

thanks for that links

There's a problem. While I can install and open the CSR Parameter manager, all the selections are grayed out. The app is supposed to default to static mode where you can use all the functions without being connected to a device. You can see them but they're gray - no response to a mouse click.

The three links work to down load 3 zip files. The first unzips and the application can be installed from those files. Winzip reports the 2nd and 3rd file are empty. I think elements of the install are missing.

But the documentation is there to bone up.

There's a problem. While I can install and open the CSR Parameter manager, all the selections are grayed out. The app is supposed to default to static mode where you can use all the functions without being connected to a device. You can see them but they're gray - no response to a mouse click.

The three links work to down load 3 zip files. The first unzips and the application can be installed from those files. Winzip reports the 2nd and 3rd file are empty. I think elements of the install are missing.

But the documentation is there to bone up.

Check that. In order to see parameter screens you need to select one of the "algorithms". I found the EQ screen by selecting either Music Mgr 44.1 or 48 (each encoding scheme has it's own EQ in the DSP). Selecting other algorithms brings up other parameter screens.

Clicking on the EQ (or any pink rectangle) will bring up specific parameters for that function.

EQ.png

In the Bluesuite application, you can change the volume of specific tones. IIRC (from just persusing the app), the tone definitions have a parameter HFx, where x is one of fifteen volume levels defined elsewhere.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.