Salas hotrodded blue DCB1 build

almost there

just mur 820 diodes to be placed, using 10R do they need serious heatsink ? or an aluminium bar/plate 1/8'' is enough ??

Attachments

• IMG_2035a.JPG
    IMG_2035a.JPG
    222.4 KB · Views: 503
  • IMG_2036a.JPG
    IMG_2036a.JPG
    214.7 KB · Views: 487
diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
for the fets its ok, I was wondering about the diodes (mur 820) which I havent soldered yet ....
[/url]

That's what I mean ''self'' sinking. The TO-220 8A diodes can work at the 10R first step hot-rod self sufficiently. At 0.65Vf with 0.2A no sweat. In general have a rule of thumb, don't get more than 45C on Mosfet sinks or diodes, for a long trouble free life. Nice build execution by the way.

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Hypnotize board, resistor marked 1 (1R I presume?), why is this not on any BOM? Or as least I cannot see it...

Can I use jumpers here?

I can see it in the BOM. I hope DimZ did not put 1K there. It is to check currents when setting for reg use only following the guide steps thread. You may jumper if for fixed DCB1 use.

Attachments

• 1R.gif
    1R.gif
    31.4 KB · Views: 425
Face palm slap, “ouch”!

I now understand I have the Blue Edition Hypnotize version not Standard Hypnotize boards.

No problem, I’ll just jumper 1R position.

You think that's bad - I got Mez boards not realising that there were blue Hypno boards. And that's after reading the various threads for a couple of weeks to try and figure it all out. It's no problem for me and I'm hotrodding them at the moment (pics will follow), but there's a bunch of parts not populated of course (on the board).

I now wish there was a "Which B1 to build" thread to just sort this out. It could have a description of the various designs and boards, the BOMs and where to get things and so on. Just to help people in the future who come to this and try to figure out what they need.

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
And that's after reading the various threads for a couple of weeks to try and figure it all out.
Why you did not post a question what is hypno what is mez mentioning your application in mind? Cut the excess board parts off, they can still be made to relay switched inputs pre amps in the future if needed when fed from a +/- 10V PSU.

Attachments

• TheFinalCut.gif
    TheFinalCut.gif
    59.2 KB · Views: 395
Why you did not post a question what is hypno what is mez mentioning your application in mind? Cut the excess board parts off, they can still be made to relay switched inputs pre amps in the future if needed when fed from a +/- 10V PSU.

As I said, it's not a problem, yes it's all useful.

But at the time, new to the board or thread, coming in as a new user and late to the party, there seemed to be several old and new designs, and at least at the time there was no centralised explanation of the several designs. So as a new user, I read many different threads, and it seemed that the Mez boards were the latest design, and importantly they seemed to be the only boards available.

I never saw anywhere an explanation saying - if you don't want input switching, get a Hypno board, (which colour I don't know), if you need input switching, get a Mez board (from TeaBag - many thanks). Etc. Maybe it's there and I missed it, there is a lot of info in the various threads, and finding what you want is not a trivial task, especially if you're new.

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Its there many many times in the course of the threads. Any late comer could open a DCB1 short guide FAQ thread though.

*Correction, you can use the left off parts as multi input switches only, the way I showed the cut, fed from +V/GND 5 or 12V PSU given the relays at hand.