Salas hotrodded blue DCB1 build

LSK170 and 2SK170

Hi,

Recently ordered 1 set of 8 LSK170 B grade from DIYAUDIO Store without realizing i needed 10 of them :mad:. Now DIYAUDIO store doesnt have B grade LSK170 anymore only D grade. Will i be fine with using 4 matched LSK170 and 6 Unmatched 2SK170BL from B+D Enterprise? or does Linear System actually sells in small quantity. Kindly advice. Thank you!

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
The cap across the Vref is to filter a bit of its noise. Its influential because it affects the HF impedance. It drops it evenly to counteract its inherent rise. I preferred a large cap across than RC when I needed much noise filtering for low signal level in other applications.

The unit has been powered for 12 solid days. The FT-3 caps are sounding a lot better now. Will report again Sunday when nearer being on for 400 hours. At this point, I don't see an issue with the external line length. Although, I'm thinking of changing the wiring from 18 awg stranded to 20 awg solid core.

This is the only piece of stranded in the build, except for the grounding through the diode/resistor network. The input/output is solid core neotech legenburg, 24 awg equivalent. I did not use good wire for the test.

I'm going to replace the stranded wire on the caps.

Question is: 20 or 24 gauge? 20 awg is teflon/OCC silver, 24 is neotech legenburg -- rectangular OCC copper. A close coupled pair of Legenburg would be less inductive, because it is rectangular. The 20 awg would have less than 40% of the resistance of the 24 awg.

The run is about 6".

Should probably change the signal grounding wiring as well.