SAL Full Range Drivers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
10 & 20mH inductors

Having decided to go with a OB project route using Franks SAL driver and 2 15" eminence bass units, the xover seems simple enough....if you can source the inductors. the caps on their way (thanks Frank) but the inductors seem hard to get here in the UK or even have made to order.

Long shot I know but does any one know of a supplier here in the UK for 20mH inductors ?

TIA

Attachments

• DSC_0174.JPG
    DSC_0174.JPG
    698.6 KB · Views: 657
  • DSC_0175.JPG
    DSC_0175.JPG
    658.6 KB · Views: 652
Having decided to go with a OB project route using Franks SAL driver and 2 15" eminence bass units, the xover seems simple enough....if you can source the inductors. the caps on their way (thanks Frank) but the inductors seem hard to get here in the UK or even have made to order.

Long shot I know but does any one know of a supplier here in the UK for 20mH inductors ?

TIA

Have now got these inductors ordered.

TIA

Wow they look awesome, nice job on the baffles, even my wife love your baffles :)

SAL OB project

Sorry for the bad quality (phone) photo. Better to come.

Frank's SAL FR driver is of superb quality, built and finish. In fact one of the best made drivers Ive handled in all my years of DIYing.

I am 'running them in' on their own...as I'm waiting for passive xover components.

Attachments

• DSC_0183.jpg
    DSC_0183.jpg
    192.9 KB · Views: 498
Last edited:
SAL OB project

Better Photos...All built ready for the xovers, though I am putting some watts through them to get some hours on them. The thinking behind the acrylic fronts is that at any time its a simple job to replace with alternative colour or pattern if need be to co-ordinate with room decor...... The lady of the house did mension 'their a bit 'monolithic' aren't they. My reply: Not at all 'darling' not at all. Some people you just can't please...ekk.

Attachments

• DSC_0188.jpg
    DSC_0188.jpg
    222.7 KB · Views: 527
  • DSC_0192.JPG
    DSC_0192.JPG
    930.1 KB · Views: 528
  • DSC_0189.jpg
    DSC_0189.jpg
    162.1 KB · Views: 520
Last edited:
Better Photos...All built ready for the xovers, though I am putting some watts through them to get some hours on them. The thinking behind the acrylic fronts is that at any time its a simple job to replace with alternative colour or pattern if need be to co-ordinate with room decor...... The lady of the house did mension 'their a bit 'monolithic' aren't they. My reply: Not at all 'darling' not at all. Some people you just can't please...ekk.

Wow... Looking real good, Thums up;) What amps are you useing?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.