Sachiko FE206E vs FE206ESR

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hey Karl,

Boy are you ever getting around now. Say where did you ever get the idea to try Sachiko horns and especially FE206ES-R drivers in them? :shhh: ... Of course if it wasn't for Martin and yourself this would have never come to pass in the first place.

Hi Tom,

I was looking at horn speakers with 8" drivers- and then you mentioned that I should really spend a little extra money and get Sachiko's. I overstretched my budget, and my wife's patience, but she understood my love of music-- and high quality reproduction of music.

You (Tom) had volunteered to give me a couple Fostex FE206e's for the Sachiko's. Just before you shipped me the drivers, I found some nearly new Fostex FE206ES-R's for sale that the owner did not like when he placed them in his open baffle system. After a couple hours, he could not stand them any longer and boxed them up again. I was not afraid to try them based on the rave reviews and opinions of these drivers- and, after they broke in a bit, they were great.

My wife loves the Sachiko's- but my boys are truly stunned by the speakers. The Sachiko's throw out a huge field of music that is so 3-D... so real and present sounding. It is the best speaker I have ever owned- thanks again Tom, Martin, AND SCOTT!!!! I may be biased, but I love the appearance too.

BTW- I would love to hear your system someday Tom-

Best wishes,

Karl.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.