• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Roender's FC-100 Rev.1 Group-Buy

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Gentlemen, I have just returned from a short holiday.
This is the message that I found in my EMail-box:

Dear Rudi_Ratlos,

Your order 123456-4711 is confirmed Aug 9, 2013 21:22 and schedule to ship on Aug 21, 2013.
We will send you delivery details as shipped. Please let us know if you have any further questions, thank you.

So: I will receive the FC-100 AMP- and Shunt - PCBs by the end of next week and will send them to you ASAP.

Find attached the current order list.

I would appreciate very much, if somebody of you will do a "sub - group-buy" for the NJL - transistors, measure and match them.
I am willing to pay for 10 pieces of NJL0281DG and NJL0302DG each, provided that they are closely matched.

Best regards - Rudi_Ratlos

Attachments

• Image1.png
    Image1.png
    7.4 KB · Views: 404
You can buy ready matched NJL transistors online but they are a bit pricey.

Rudi - could you briefly explain the process and equipment needed to match output transistors.

Also, the Toshiba 2SC3423 and 2SA1360 are obsolete and hard to find unless we risk an ebay vendor - are there any other reliable vendor and should these be matched along with the MJE-transistors?

Rich, I have used a CCS consisting of resistor R1 and LED1 and adjusted R1, so that about 150mA is flowing through the DUTs.

When I have built the prototype version of my layout of Mihai's FC-100, I have used 2SA and 2SC transistors that have been manufactured by ISC.
They ISC transistors are available from REICHELT, my favourite German distributor, for example.

Later, when I did the 1st and 2nd round of group-buy, I bought original Toshibas from pacificsemi.com.
But I wonder if the Toshibas "sound better".

I have bought the NJL-transistors from VERICAL (have a look at octopart.com).
From my experience it is safe to order 10 pcs. of NJL0281DG and 10 pcs. of NJL0302DG to get two fairly "well matched" output triples of each.
So: if we are 5 to join a "mini" - NJL - groupbuy and you order 50 pcs. of each, you will find 10 "well-matched" output triples.

Best regards - Rudi_Ratlos

Attachments

• Image1.png
    Image1.png
    63.7 KB · Views: 395
  • Image2.png
    Image2.png
    16.4 KB · Views: 319
Gentlemen, I have received the PCBs today, have already put them into the letters and drive to the post-office in a minute.
So you all will have the PCBs by the end of this week (German participants) resp. by the end of next week.

Have fun building the FC-100 - Rudi_Ratlos

P.S. What I have forgotten to say: I have one set (2 x FC-100 AMP- and 2 Shunt-PCBs) left.
The price for this set is 41€, worldwide shipping included. If somebody wants to have this spare set, ...
Be sure: I will definitively not do another group-buy for the FC-100 - PCBs.

Last edited:
Franz, I have laid back the spare set of FC-100- and shunt PCBs for you!
The FC-100 is a real gem - I know that you agree.

These are the next steps of my FC-100 build (after I will have finished the VCPre Rev. 2.1 group-buy):

- to "marry" the VCPre ("Versatile and Comfortable passive Pre-Amplifier" - I will use a 1x16 LCD) with the FC-100
- to give it a smart-looking, wooden front

The FC-100 is really worth all the time it takes to make it an integrated and good-looking and fantastic sounding amplifier.

Best regards - Rudi

Attachments

• VCPre 001.jpg
    VCPre 001.jpg
    586.7 KB · Views: 487
  • SNV31534.jpg
    SNV31534.jpg
    320.7 KB · Views: 481
I bought 100 EA. of Toshiba 2SC3423 and 2SA1360 trannies a few years ago from Arrow Electronics. Been too busy to match them so far. If anyone in the Washington DC area has a test bed to match, let me know. Otherwise, I can't say when this will be done to offer some sets.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.