Roender's FC-100 prototype and builder's thread

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Work in progress ...

I want to show you some pictures of my work.
This pcb's are just lovely and my soldering iron is very happy with them :)
Still missing some parts but hope to have it soon.

Attachments

• IMG_1799.JPG
    IMG_1799.JPG
    156.9 KB · Views: 605
  • IMG_1796.JPG
    IMG_1796.JPG
    132.7 KB · Views: 602
  • IMG_1797.JPG
    IMG_1797.JPG
    93.9 KB · Views: 576
It's not power output that is the problem.
It's quiescent power dissipation.

At normal running condition where average power output is <1% (<-20dB ref max) of maximum power output you will find that the heatsink temperature does not appear to change whether delivering that ½W or not.

Finally i've received 2SA/2SC transistors and as with MJE's is impossible to find PNP-NPN matched pairs but i have an idea and i ask you to tell me if i'm wrong or not.
In the attached picture i see two Sziklai pairs and i was thinking to "match" the equivalent beta of the Sziklai compounds.
Is my thinking correct ?

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Usually PNP transistors have lower hfe than their NPN pairs but i have found with my DMM that this rule is not apply for MJE 15034/15035 and is not possible not match the total hfe of Sziklai transistors (NJE/2SA/2SC pairs).
Is that normal for this MJE transistors to have bigger hfe for pnp or should i measure their hfe in another environment than my DMM ?
This matching is my last issue in finishing this project

PS. hope my english is understandable this time

Andrew: it depends.
I have measured more than 300 pieces of NJL0281G/NJL0302G in the last year, always using the "matching circuit".

Depending on the production date / date of my order / company where I ordered: the transistors either match very well (in Claus1968' case)
or not so well (in Klaus' case).

Best regards - Rudi_Ratlos

Attachments

• Image6.png
    Image6.png
    19 KB · Views: 402
Rudi,
I am not referring to matching.
I am referring to post713 showing the variation in hFE for a single device as Ic is varied.
For that specific test situation I have NOT found Onsemi devices to have significant hFE variation (non linear) as Ic is varied, once the Ic value is above a sensible minimum value.

Does anybody have an idea what could be a reason of this amplifier topology starting to short at once from 5.6mV and higher VRe or from toching by test leads as a trigger (when VRe close to 5.6mV) or by itself after 5-10 minutes? During the short condition VRe shows 33mV, Vbe-s are in range.

Rudi,
I am not referring to matching.
I am referring to post713 showing the variation in hFE for a single device as Ic is varied.
For that specific test situation I have NOT found Onsemi devices to have significant hFE variation (non linear) as Ic is varied, once the Ic value is above a sensible minimum value.

The question TR MJE15304 is procured from RS component (RS Stock No. 463-098P.

I did three consecutively test on same transistor. The Hfe would increase a bit in each test (is it affected by heat ?). Also, for 15304, the increase seems higher than other transistors, eg. MJE15305, NJL0302/2801. all 5 TRs I puchased behave same characteristic.

could it be a fake?

Attachments

• MJE15034 MJE15035 picture.jpg
    MJE15034 MJE15035 picture.jpg
    368.2 KB · Views: 167
  • MJE15034 single trace curve.jpg
    MJE15034 single trace curve.jpg
    180.8 KB · Views: 178
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.