Rockford Fosgate Power 360a2

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I posted 2 pics one full view and one a little closer. I have a Power 450S board laying around which is identical to the Power 360a2 but different board number which is PC-3091-E

Attachments

• Power 360a2 layout 001.jpg
    Power 360a2 layout 001.jpg
    986.8 KB · Views: 50
  • Power 360a2 layout 002.jpg
    Power 360a2 layout 002.jpg
    988.1 KB · Views: 45
I replaced the cap and still the same result. No audio.

BUT.....I slipped when testing pin 7 on the op-amp and shorted pins 7 and 8 together and the speaker made a loud pop. Then it produced low audio, could barely hear it. If I short pins 7 and 8 together with a wire the audio gets considerably louder but is still not at full output.

Thoughts on that?? Maybe a bad op-amp??? I have several 100 TL072 maybe I should change it and see what happens??

Perry changed out U201 and the amp produces audio at full power with a sine wave. Wave form looks good on scope as well. Maybe the op-amp was fine but due to the other components failing it got hot and broke the leg loose from the solder pad??? I am gonna grease it put it in sink and run it hard. I will post results.

This kinda reminds me of the 400a4 you helped me with that had risitor that tested good but was bad.

Yes I did they were all near or at 0.000 vdc the highest being 0.080 vdc except for the supply pins which were at proper voltage. Not sure why it measured good or why shorting pins 7 and 8 made the channel have partial sound. Soon as I changed it, the amp worked awesome. Go figure huh?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.