Rockford Fosgate BD1000

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Just an update for some reason the amp now has output but sounds staticy and the woofer kinda pulses in and out a little and the sound crackles in and out as you increase the volume but no excess current draw or anything. Maybe I should try replacing the mps a56's ???? Just a guess???

I installed brand new RCA plugs on the board, but i guess that does not mean anything if I am not sure how to confirm this. I will mess with the scope more and see if I can lock it on to a wave form, but if I unhook the ground i get a wave form but with the ground hooked up to the power supply ground I still get the double lines. Did you get a chance to look at the pics i posted that you requested? I hear you on the sleep I have been running on fumes myself !!

If you installed new RCA jacks and the ground connection between the board and the RCA shield is intact, there's no need to be concerned about it.

The scope ground and the power supply ground must be connected.

The double-lines are the untriggered signal. When you get the timebase right and the scope is triggered (the trigger lamp should light up), you will see a square wave.

Hey Perry still nothing, get a good wave form without the ground hooked up but soon as the ground is hooked up it does nothing no matter what is adjusted. Absolutely nothing !!!! I posted a pic of the wave form with no ground hooked up so you could see pins 1 and 7 and you already saw what the wave form looked like with the ground, the double line and the solid line. I am beginning top think either this thing was not calibrated like the guy said or there is something wrong with it. What do you think???

Attachments

• sean sunday 006.jpg
    sean sunday 006.jpg
    933.9 KB · Views: 68
I can't see the timebase setting but that appears to be 60Hz mains.

Did you get it to lock on the calibrator loop on the front of the scope?

Yes it is a square wave form but really small squares and the trigger adjustment does nothing to change this. The scope was set to 5vol/div and 5ms should I have it on 5us ?? Will that make any difference in my trigger adjustment and my wave form ??

I think I may have something now. I posted 2 pics for you. The wavey line is of pin 7 on U11. The square wave form is on pin 1 of u11. The scope is set at 5vol/div and 5us. Does any of this look right??

Attachments

• scope readings 002.jpg
    scope readings 002.jpg
    898.1 KB · Views: 68
  • scope readings 001.jpg
    scope readings 001.jpg
    929.4 KB · Views: 58
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.