Rockford Fosgate 600.5

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I cant check to see if the channels work since its drawing excessive current from the get go. I have no outputs in the amp right now just power supply fets and all of the power supply fets read shorted Also across the power and ground terminals read shorted for 10 secs then they test fine

Power it up via a current limiting resistor and monitor the current draw. While it's drawing excessive current, measure the voltage across the gate-source of the power supply FETs (while watching the current draw). Does the current draw change when you have the meter on the FET?

Clamp the transistors and power it up for a few seconds at a time to prevent damaging the FETs.

Ok i pulled all the fets out of the board.

Between pads 2 and 3 for the power supply fets it reads shorted then it will start climing like im charging the caps then if i switch the probes around it reads shorted between pads to to 3 for 10 secs before it starts climbing again

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.