Rockford 1500-1bd

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
If the meter is set to ohms, an I touch the leads to any resistor or the speaker terminal, I get a reading. If I switch the meter to diode/continuity, the meter reads "shrt" and beeps if I touch the leads to any resistor or the speaker terminals with a resistance below 15 ohms

Not if there were no speakers on it.

Are you sure that you don't have any shorted or leaky output transistors?

Are you sure that the inductor isn't shorted to the board underneath it?

Are you sure that there is no conductive fiberglass?

With the probes clamped into the speaker terminals and reading ~5 ohms, can you move anything on the board that will make the resistance change significantly?

If you look in the pictures you can see It's a section of exposed copper, like a super wide trace, right under where the capacitors were. That is conductive with the inductor, as well as the speaker terminals. The black coating melted away and I believe it is a wide trace. But I am not sure if it should be conductive with the inductor and the speaker terminals.

Your right I confused myself. I read the same as I did across the speaker terminals. 4.7 ohms. I have the capacitors on order. when I get them in the board that should change the resistance across the terminals right? I apologize for the confusion, I have never seen a meter read this way.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.