Rmaf 07

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
quick question

Nelson,

I thought it was very interesting you choose the XA30.5 for RMAF when you could have used anything from XA100.5/200 to X1000.5... I have a friend who is going to use Magnepan 12s (due to room size constraint), he is either going to get 150.5 or XA30.5 for them - and will not play them very loud. Is the XA30.5 going to be slightly better sound - or is the 150.5 the way to go do you think for this application? As a long-time Aleph 5 owner (and lover!!), I lean towards the XA30.5, which you chose for RMAF, but am not sure.....

LightMiner

Re: quick question

lightminer said:
Nelson,

I thought it was very interesting you choose the XA30.5 for RMAF when you could have used anything from XA100.5/200 to X1000.5... I have a friend who is going to use Magnepan 12s (due to room size constraint), he is either going to get 150.5 or XA30.5 for them - and will not play them very loud. Is the XA30.5 going to be slightly better sound - or is the 150.5 the way to go do you think for this application? As a long-time Aleph 5 owner (and lover!!), I lean towards the XA30.5, which you chose for RMAF, but am not sure.....

LightMiner

Hi LightMiner,

I have a pair of Maggie 1.6QR's and they are among the most stunning speakers I've ever heard. They are powered by an A30 and used in a room that's 12x17 feet. They play crystal clear up to volumes few can withstand before clipping starts. I'm also using a BOSOZ pre with fairly high gain.

The A30 is rated 40watts into 4 ohms, whereas the XA30.5 I believe is 15watts into 4 ohms.

The XA series is not particularly intended to drive difficult loads. You will probably be happier with the A5.

-David

Xa30.5

The .5 iterations of the XA series will double their rated 8 ohm output into 4 ohms and are suitable for reactive loads as well.

XA30.5 will easily source 60 watts into 4 ohms.

The XA.5 series are far nicer than the Alephs in all respects; soundstage, dynamic control, THD+noise is way lower.

Cyclotronguy

Re: Xa30.5

cyclotronguy said:
The .5 iterations of the XA series will double their rated 8 ohm output into 4 ohms and are suitable for reactive loads as well.

XA30.5 will easily source 60 watts into 4 ohms.

The XA.5 series are far nicer than the Alephs in all respects; soundstage, dynamic control, THD+noise is way lower.

Cyclotronguy

Can you send me one to test? :clown:
I will send it back.

Re: Amplifier loan

cyclotronguy said:
I'd love to loan you one but Nelson would be taking me for a walk in the parking lot.

You know, one of those; "Don't matter where we are walking too kinda walks.... cause somebody isn't coming back.":whazzat:

Cyclotronguy

We can call you BIG PASSY.

badda bing badda boom. Just make sure that it is you that comes back.:violin:
We can put the amp in the back of the Cadillac with the body.:clown:

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
Re: Amplifier loan

cyclotronguy said:
I'd love to loan you one but Nelson would be taking me for a walk in the parking lot.

You know, one of those; "Don't matter where we are walking too kinda walks.... cause somebody isn't coming back.":whazzat:

Cyclotronguy

naah. ..... just tell Papa that I'm your buddy ,and everything will be forgiven .......

:devilr:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.