Rising DC Offset

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi ZM, I have 18.22 mA and 18.24 mA on the board with the mosfets removed.

Attachments

• fets measurement.png5.png
    fets measurement.png5.png
    882.2 KB · Views: 86
Last edited:
Hi ZM, I have 18.22 mA and 18.24 mA on the board with the mosfets removed.
Those measurements confirm that 0.02mA are exiting the circuit by another route.
That other route is probably the Power Ground to PSU Zero Volts.

Whereas post99 (left pic) shows 0.28mA exiting by another route. That big ground current probably indicates a fault.

Last edited:
Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
well , if mosfets are not having mixed pin wires , and if they're good ...... I can't see anything wrong

though - I'm not having capture of top and bottom copper of PD boards , so I can't say which mosfet position(s) are alive , meaning - of which mosfet position is source resistor monitored in Aleph CCS

if you're sure that all 4 mosfets are well and alive - connect them all

connect that pcb exactly in same manner as functional pcb , for now

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
sorry - we are running in circles .......

- according to measurements in #106 - input LTP is functional ;

- recheck all resistor values in Aleph CCS area ( positive side of output stage)

-in fact - recheck all resistors (easier to say that , than to list them by function )

- while doing that , re-check all soldering joints

- if you're sure that mosfets are OK (consult mosfet testing article from FW site, how to properly test them ) , connect them all

- connect all wires in exactly same fashion as on functional channel

- fire it up ; check output offset and Iq ; best place to check Iq is measuring voltage across one of source resistors in negative output stage side (those connected to negative PSU rail)

I have removed inputs off the gnd and connect and it is now the same as the functional unit. Attached is the measurement. I do not know why is the positive rail differs so much from the negative rail.

Thanks, ZM. I appreciate your help.
that difference of over 6mA must be exiting via another route, probably to the PSU Zero Volts.
Measure it and confirm you know where the current is going.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.