RIP Carlos DestroyerX

We hadn't touched bases for a bit, and that's my fault, but safe to say, this was not a surprise. Like all those who care, let's hope it was peaceful. I only know Carlos, not his family so have no other info. Thank you Mitchel for letting us know.
Were you a friend? If so, please feel free to share a story or two. He was quite a character.

Reactions: 1 user
We hadn't touched bases for a bit, and that's my fault, but safe to say, this was not a surprise. Like all those who care, let's hope it was peaceful. I only know Carlos, not his family so have no other info. Thank you Mitchel for letting us know.
Were you a friend? If so, please feel free to share a story or two. He was quite a character.
I met Carlos about 20 years ago. Our friendship deepened when we partnered to produce printed circuit boards for the amplifiers he designed. Thanks to Carlos, many people in Brazil had access to kits for assembling good amplifiers. He was truly important for our hobby, inspiring many to delve into the DIY world. Recently, Carlos led a calm and simple life in Pernambuco, Brazil. He was born in 1951 and was married twice, having 3 children (two girls and one boy). He loved to share stories from when he was younger and lived in Rio de Janeiro, and from the times he worked at Sony and had the chance to travel to Japan. He will be missed.

• Thank You
Reactions: 10 users
Very sad, and I never had the chance to wish him well in his next journey....
He was a wonderful personality, alive, funny, energetic, and direct. We will miss his earthy humour and his clever insights.
We did not chat enough, Carlos, I'm very sorry. His beautiful daugher became a doctor - great credit to her, and to Carlos, and his wife.

Hugh Dean
Melbourne, AUSTRALIA

Reactions: 1 users