RIAA By Edgar

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Horse First, Then Cart!

Hi Guys, I've been running a much quieter version of my VinyLiberator preamp for about a month, now. I'm feeding U-1 directly from the cartridge and load resistor. The passive HF roll-off network is now after U-1, filtering U-1's noise by the RIAA HF roll-off characteristic, and having far less Johnson noise, as the resistor is now only 5.6 K (100K pot, across for HF trim). The capacitor to ground is .02uf and the pot sets resistance for correct RIAA HF roll-off. It sounds a good 20db quieter. Switching supply noise keeps me from being able to accurately evaluate noise performance. I'll post schematics and do a world-wide You Tube eventually. I do want FAR Circuits to run me some blank boards, so I'm looking to design a simple, low cost version of my preamp and have FAR run me some blank boards late summer or early fall. Thanks Guys!

Attached: Rough, Working Schematic, cleaned up a bit

Attachments

• VinyLiberator 2011 new, rough schem..jpg
    VinyLiberator 2011 new, rough schem..jpg
    284.2 KB · Views: 220
VinyLiberator Blue Collar Economy Edition

Hi Guys, here's a shot of my new edition of the VinyLiberator Pre-Amp. It's a simplified, low-cost version, that has no level indicators, and has adequate low-noise performance while using a pair of economical TL072's for amplification. That rascal is designed to drop into an old Westell modem case, so it looks cute and sharp, when fully assembled. You Tube video should on in a couple weeks or so.

Attachments

• VinyLiberator-Blue Collar edition.jpg
    VinyLiberator-Blue Collar edition.jpg
    565.7 KB · Views: 178
Love That Witty Response!

If you're like me, you won't show the bottom of perfboard projects. :D

...Not any more than I'd show a picture of my 420 lb fat, sexy, bod in a Skinz Men's Riviera Brief Bikini in a fat people's forum!

Without even cleaning off the solder flux, nevertheless! The difference between *helluvamess and art form is in the eye of the beholder.

*hell of a mess (so people in non-English speaking countries can enjoy, too)

Attachments

• VinyLiberator-Blue Collar Edition back.jpg
    VinyLiberator-Blue Collar Edition back.jpg
    636.9 KB · Views: 145
Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.