Revisiting some "old" ideas from 1970's - IPS, OPS

Unfortunately an accident occurred when i tried to change the feedback capacitor from 4u7 to 2u2 in servo circuit.
Now the lamp glow brightly.
May be the input transistor pair is death.
Strange is that when tested using diode test this measurement seems to be ok.:confused:

Attachments

• cfa.jpg
    cfa.jpg
    142 KB · Views: 287
Last edited:
You interacted with the servo - probably some liquid could be left on the board... just guessing.
I also recommend to disconnect the load for the time being if you test with OPS - this will eliminate the current through the load, caused by the offset.
Valery.everything is clean.
I haven't any load connected ,no input signal when testing offset.
Do you think that is useful to place a 4u7 again here just in case...

Last edited:
To see what happened IPS separated from OUT and connected alone.
When R3 lifted everything is fine,except the offset voltage.With R3 lifted offset= 70mV.
Pin 6(out) of AD711 is at the rail voltage=13V.
As the AD711 was changed it is clear that something in this offset contol circuit is faulty ....what? Pin 2 is on gnd connection due to LL4148 sorted(faulty).
Two new diodes and the problem is gone.

Attachments

• cfa solved.jpg
    cfa solved.jpg
    162.1 KB · Views: 297
Last edited:
To see what happened IPS separated from OUT and connected alone.
When R3 lifted everything is fine,except the offset voltage.With R3 lifted offset= 70mV.
Pin 6(out) of AD711 is at the rail voltage=13V.
As the AD711 was changed it is clear that something in this offset contol circuit is faulty ....what? Pin 2 is on gnd connection due to LL4148 sorted(faulty).
Two new diodes and the problem is gone.

Interesting... what could make the diodes, withstanding up to 200mA of forward current, become shorted... Some potential on the soldering iron? :eek:

D3 and D4?

Interesting... what could make the diodes, withstanding up to 200mA of forward current, become shorted... Some potential on the soldering iron? :eek:

Yes D3,D4.
What could make the diodes......mine fault!
Trying to change the 4u7 the low voltage +/-15v has been left to on,i seen a spark. I assumed that AD711 was death and a new one has been installed. Finally the faulty part was the diodes.:eek: