Retro Amp 50W Single Supply

Hopefully this will entice some disco lovin' guys to build this version with modern transistors and relive those 70's and 80's as I come to know about this amp from reading online..
how is the logo?

regards
Prasi
P.S. reduced the size a bit.

Attachments

• Autona Vintage Job-REV3_reduced.png
    Autona Vintage Job-REV3_reduced.png
    150.8 KB · Views: 974
Apex Retro Amp
1. Prasi 2 nos
2. Member (nareshn) thro PM 2 nos.
3. Bix 2 nos.
4. avtech23 2 nos.

16 PCBs remain.

got the pcbs made to spec.70um Cu. ready to ship out.
Pl let me know your paypal via PM along with full postal address. Will send an invoice. For Indian member, it will be bank transfer.

Next step, Mouser BoM for Bix.

regards
Prasi

Attachments

• retro pcb1.jpg
    retro pcb1.jpg
    997.9 KB · Views: 698
got the pcbs made to spec.70um Cu. ready to ship out.
Pl let me know your paypal via PM along with full postal address. Will send an invoice. For Indian member, it will be bank transfer.

Next step, Mouser BoM for Bix.

regards
Prasi

Hi Bix,
Mouser BoM attached. Please add all components and share your cart here, so someone could suggest corrections, if any.
R8' trimmer is for bias adjust to 43mA (~20mV across R18). It might be better to replace the R8 after bias adjust with a fixed resistor R8.
regards
Prasi

Attachments

• BOM_APEX_Retro Amp 50W Single Supply_rev1_ListByValues.zip
    13.5 KB · Views: 210
Hi Prasi,

The BoM seems to be missing the following:

R22-R30
C13-C14
D5-D6
T5-T9
Q3-Q4

Hello avtech23,
Sorry, here is the schema and layout. Which one are you referring to?
I will try to check this again some time later.

regards
Prasi

Attachments

• schematic.png
    schematic.png
    38.5 KB · Views: 865
  • retro stuff-rev1.png
    retro stuff-rev1.png
    56.6 KB · Views: 851
I think it was tested by mouna and he decided to keep the apex original schema.

yes indeed. i found original apex design better sounding to me.my only modification was to exclude the two diodes and resistor and add a vbe multiplier with bd139 mounted on same place with output device.
I dont have the amp any more but i will build it again..my only concern is to use 2N3773 or 2SC5200..i dont know which ones would sound better..

Hey Prasi, thanks for the BOM. Now, dumb question, do I manually go through each part and then purchase through mouser or can I import the entire list? Sorry for the silly question but I can’t see import option at mouser. What am I doing wrong? Duh

Edit: I found it. I new I would feel stupid posting this just as I hit the submit button:)

Last edited: