Replace high-end midrange driver

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Badman,

I know about the breakup, this why I cross them at 1.8Khz at 48db and do not try to go higher. I even put a notch on the DSP at 4Khz to be safe :)

If the PR65 is also one of your favorite, could you let us know of 2 others driver you affectionate? (midrange, midwoofer)
If you know anything that beat a pr65neo on the details/dynamic, I have my Master Card ready...

The option I'd consider would probably be one of the AEspeakers mids- TD6M or the like. I haven't used another 6.5" mid since the 65 (I have 6 of them, enough to play with).

So far I think my favorite suggestion is the Accuton C168-6-990.
https://www.madisoundspeakerstore.com/woofers/accuton-c168-6-990-7-ceramic-cone-mid/bass/

It has a reasonable sensitivity and size. And it looks as if the small issues that might be, can be tackled by dampening or in the crossover.

But it is very expensive :-(

At least twice as much as my second runner up; The Audio Technology C-Quenze SDKM.
Midrange

Is it that much better (or good at all)?
It is quite a lot of money just for taking a chance… Even if it is a well founded chance... :-(

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.