repairing capacitors

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
You got yours for free

You got yours for free, that wouldnt surprise me. things in the US seem to be a lot cheaper as far as second hand audio, not surprising concidering the US is ten times the size of Australia. I looked into buying from US but a 22kg amp kinda costs a lot inpostage!! lol.
Anyway please contact me about capacitors.
Thankyou
Daniel

Last edited by a moderator:
Parts i need

If anyone anywhere can give me some or any of these parts please contact me

Transisitors:
2sa909 X 3
2Sc1586 X 1

Nec D381 2m81c - or similiar - X2
Nec B536 2m8Xc - or similiar - X1

Resistors:
25mA - 390ohm
100mA 68ohm
30mA 470ohm
150mA 22 ohm

That shall be all for know. I can pick up the rest of the parts from the local shop.

Re: Parts i need

priscared said:
Transisitors:
2sa909 X 3
2Sc1586 X 1

Nec D381 2m81c - or similiar - X2
Nec B536 2m8Xc - or similiar - X1

Resistors:
25mA - 390ohm
100mA 68ohm
30mA 470ohm
150mA 22 ohm

What does the bold mean?

What are the NEC's...what kind of device, is it a transistor?

Also what do you mean by Current rated resistors? Similar to a Wattage rating?

hmm yes, they are WEIRD parts, which are on the amps pcb. THey are the transistors other than the output trannies, the resistors are weird little white things, and they have those words ritten on them. Thankyou
Daniel

Attachments

• resistors.jpg
    resistors.jpg
    13.6 KB · Views: 125
The NEC transistors

There should be a blue transistor and two black ones. Both NEC and mounted on heatsinks (well they would have been) there should also be another greenish blue transistor, smaller than the others with A682-3 written on it. It is not NEC as far as i can tell.
Thankyou
Daniel
Anyone tell me what ECB means, Emitter COllectore and What?? Bridge?
Thanks
Daniel

amp for sale

Ok, my amp is for sale.
230w 8ohm rms continuois sine wave input. One channel is broken. One supply cap will need replacing.
Yamaha guy in bendigo said on average the broken channel in this amp cost $150 to repair. JKL capacitors quoted me around $150 for 2 new supply caps including postage (depends on aussie dollar of course) I no longer need this as i got myself a soundking amp and i am now working almost 50 hours a week so yeah... There is NO glue on the caps!! It is all there, the case looks like it woulda new. I am after $200 ONO. DOnt hesitate to ask questions.
Daniel

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.