• The Vendor's Bazaar forum is for commercial offers and transactions. Only unmoderated members can post here.

diyAudio provides this forum for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members. Use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Reference DAC Module - Discrete R-2R Sign Magnitude 24 bit 384 KHz

As clicking between all the tabs with the product details sucks, I made this.
Drj2X4d.png

During the time here, I don't think Sören has made one single statement about sound quality. Of anything.

//

I'm kinda biased, so my opinion doesn't matter that much, the users opinion matters more....

But I had to say that the new dac1541 feeding my new HD 800S sounds pretty good. And people visiting at Axpona seems to agreed.....

I'm kinda biased, so my opinion doesn't matter that much, the users opinion matters more....

But I had to say that the new dac1541 feeding my new HD 800S sounds pretty good. And people visiting at Axpona seems to agreed.....

If it's anything near like my setup then you have one hell of a product on your hands, no BS audiophile marketing fairydust need apply.

One suggestion is to modernize your silkscreening, the plain text doesn't really stand out for something of this amazing caliber.

It's also priced very good, would be nice to see it compared to a Yggdrasil but if I were to guess you have already beat it for way more value.

Technical question, are you using a bigger FPGA to drive 8 sets of ladders? Pretty awesome looking pcb.

Last edited:
If it's anything near like my setup then you have one hell of a product on your hands, no BS audiophile marketing fairydust need apply.

One suggestion is to modernize your silkscreening, the plain text doesn't really stand out for something of this amazing caliber.

It's also priced very good, would be nice to see it compared to a Yggdrasil but if I were to guess you have already beat it for way more value.

Yeah, I'm going to look a the silkscreen, but ran out of time getting the prototypes ready before leaving for Axpona, actually didn't get to sleep the night before....

I'm pretty confident the dac1541 is past any schiit product, or any of the recent Asian R-2R products, now the competitor is MSB Tech....

Technical question, are you using a bigger FPGA to drive 8 sets of ladders? Pretty awesome looking pcb.

As zfe noted, the Spartan 6 LX16 I'm using is fine for driving more R-2R strings, have the pins needed and inverting a two complement number is just "not (audio) +1", which generate very little logic.... The balanced setup did improve specs too, I measured 0.0035% THD @ -1 dB on the prototypes.... Not that harmonics matter that much for sound quality, but a lot of people look at that number...

And just before someone is bitching that I'm becoming too commercial and abandoning the DIY after using all the feedback.

I'm going to continue supporting DIY, the Raspberry Pi version will launch latter, and sometime down the road there will come a dam1021 successor....

hi Soeren, not trying to push but is there any estimation for RPi version launch? It was supposed to be ready end of 2016, we're too excited about it I guess ;)