• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Reference DAC Module - Discrete R-2R Sign Magnitude 24 bit 384 KHz

I2S Isolator 3.3v

Hi hope someone can help

Just received my board and hooked the i2s up to my minidsp nanoSHARC board. As a temporary measure I used a separate 3.3v supply for the i2s isolator supply. Everything works fine. Groovy!

So now I wanted to see if there was a 3.3v supply available on the nanoSHARC board so I dont need a separate one. I decide to measure the current the isolator is drawing so I understand what is required.

I disconnect the 3.3v to put my DVM in line to measure the current draw fully expecting the sound to cut off and the input indicator light to start flashing.

Guess what everything stayed running!!!!????? WTF? How is this happening? I thought a separate 3.3v was required?

I have seen reference to this here in the comments, but no explanation. Anyone any ideas?

https://hifiduino.wordpress.com/2015/03/16/soekris-dam-1021-r-2r-dac-users-guide/

Hi here.

I am in for building a DAM1021 rev. V4 for a friend of mine.
So i was gathering information of the part's i will need.

This is what i think is needed :

DAM1021 diyline

Torid transformer 2x12 for DC supply, giving 2x12vdc or 1 pcs. torid 2x6-8vac all torids/transformers >5VA

Toslink reciever

Coax reciever including some sort of isolation transformer

USB reciever

Seriel cable

Chassis

Powerknob

Switch for switching between Coax / Toslink (Spdif input's)

IEC inlet + fuse

RCA's

Maybee some led indication of what is played

Do i need more ?
Also if someone got link's for parts which is good for the project, please paste them here.

Thanks in advance.

Jesper.

Hi here.

I am in for building a DAM1021 rev. V4 for a friend of mine.
So i was gathering information of the part's i will need.

This is what i think is needed :

DAM1021 diyline

Torid transformer 2x12 for DC supply, giving 2x12vdc or 1 pcs. torid 2x6-8vac all torids/transformers >5VA

Toslink reciever

Coax reciever including some sort of isolation transformer

USB reciever

Seriel cable

Chassis

Powerknob

Switch for switching between Coax / Toslink (Spdif input's)

IEC inlet + fuse

RCA's

Maybee some led indication of what is played

Do i need more ?
Also if someone got link's for parts which is good for the project, please paste them here.

Thanks in advance.

Jesper.

The USB receiver will need a 3.3V DC supply which is separate from the supply for the DAM 1021 board.

Hi, a newby from Holland.

@Soekris: is there a ETA on the DAM1231? I'm much interested in your new DAM1231 board and curious about the date that this board emerges.

The Raspberry Pi board, the dam1231, has been pushed out a little, no technical problems, I have fine prototypes just needing firmware, testing and manual to be completed.

But it's a question about a need to prioritize as I have too many project and too little time, need to get new products ready for Axpona Chicago and High End Munich....

ETA dam1231

The Raspberry Pi board, the dam1231, has been pushed out a little, no technical problems, I have fine prototypes just needing firmware, testing and manual to be completed.

But it's a question about a need to prioritize as I have too many project and too little time, need to get new products ready for Axpona Chicago and High End Munich....

Ok, I will be patient. But make me your nr. 1 customer please.

You will be at the High End Munich?
See ya there :)

Gesendet von meinem ONEPLUS A3003 mit Tapatalk

How sensitive is the 1121 to the PSU's? I'm getting somewhat impatient and I'm starting to consider my options if I decide to speed up my project. It seems you need +/-5V but what is acceptable ripple for the 1121? (Acceptable when you want the best performance possible that is.) Bodging together +/-5V is easy, achieving nV ripple is not...

How sensitive is the 1121 to the PSU's? I'm getting somewhat impatient and I'm starting to consider my options if I decide to speed up my project. It seems you need +/-5V but what is acceptable ripple for the 1121? (Acceptable when you want the best performance possible that is.) Bodging together +/-5V is easy, achieving nV ripple is not...

The manual says 20 mV PP max. Best performance is of course no ripple or noise but nV or uV are insane, the analog ones are the most critical but only drive the vref regulators....

So the digital one are not that critical, the analog ones are fine with a set of TI TPS7A49 and TPS7A30....

Soren,

Are there other products in the pipeline? You mentioned "new products".
These are other than the dam1231 prototypes?