RCA to 3.5mm out converter

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Other idea

well i found something that works better. Its a headphone amplifier. Instead of a potentiometer it uses an electronic volume control. so i used a rca "y" adapter and an a rca to headphone converter. im going to take it apart to see what they used as an IC chip. and how the circuit is designed. ill post some pictures and make a schematic of it. maybe there is a way to make it better? or a DIY version.

Neurochrome.com
Joined 2009
Paid Member
You won't be able to drive your headphones through a pot. Add a buffer (LME49720 with unity feedback for example) between the pot and the output. Of course, you'll now need to add a power supply. A couple of 9 V batteries would do, but their lifetime would be somewhat limited as the LME497x0 draws 5.5 mA per channel. This is probably the most basic headphone amp you'll get.

You could expand the project a bit by looking at using the LME49600 headphone amp. I built my headphone amp following the "typical application" schematic in the LME49600 data sheet. It's pretty darn sweet!!

~Tom

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.