Random comments on common errors in technical documents

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
The infamous centimeter as a unit of capacitance stems from a monster I had to wrestle when I was young: the Gaussian system. Calculating simple things was close to impossible. No volts, no amperes, no ohms, just a mess of horrible "things".

I agree, the cgs system of units, formerly called Gaussian, is a nightmare, however, to make theoretical calculations has enormous advantages and Maxwell's equations have a simpler form.
As physicists are stingy and lazy, there is another system of units where c = 1, that simplifies even more...the theoretical calculations.:D

Beware , in the US this will be seen as 1113pF.....;)

Otherwise , it would be great to get rid of the archaic
feet , inches , acres , ounces , and other farenheit....

Using such prehistorical measures that have no direct
relation together seems to me quite a nightmare unless
one is masochistic...

Strongly agree !
My hope is in the younger generation, the kids understand that the metric system is not only more accurate, it is also easier!
Well, sometimes confused kilometer, with kilogram, but they are on the right track.:D

Some people in UK try to prove that their measures are the most natural measures. They reflect Harmony of the Universe. :)

However, Fahrenheit is the different story, very American, i.e. business - related. The entrepreneur that decided to sell thermometers to masses traveling in USA found the coldest and the hottest temperatures, and divided the scale between them on 100 equal parts.

Actually, I find those images very appealing. Burning stuff up and fighting off riot cops? Sounds like fun to me. :)

Actually, these guy´s are supported by our "presidenta" (A female version of president, that doesn't exist in Spanish dictionary, but that her feminism put in the street speaking), they shut down avenues, routes and bridges almost once weekly, causing traffic chaos, and lots of other things I can't describe in words. Since police has the order not to repress them, they ussualy do all they want.

This is our way of live daily. This is just called to live "in the *** of the world" (El culo del mundo).

OK, then I invite to come to live here but not as visitor, as a resident. I´m sure that at the second day, you runaway very quickly.

Images like those are of almost all days:

https://www.google.com/search?num=1....,cf.osb&fp=8cdea292e23c236f&biw=1024&bih=705

If it isn't to live in the "*** of the World", Where is it?

Buenos Aires.:D

These "porteños", they believe that the universe begins and ends in Buenos Aires.:rolleyes:
If you want to live peacefully, get out of there.:)
Look at what we do in Córdoba with the metric system

Vuelo Rasante del IA 63 Pampa - YouTube

Try Traslasierra.;)

Attachments

• images1.jpg
    images1.jpg
    7.1 KB · Views: 53
  • images2.jpg
    images2.jpg
    7.2 KB · Views: 50
  • images4.jpg
    images4.jpg
    9.5 KB · Views: 47
  • images5.jpg
    images5.jpg
    10.4 KB · Views: 52
  • images6.jpg
    images6.jpg
    5.6 KB · Views: 48
  • images7.jpg
    images7.jpg
    10 KB · Views: 23
  • images8.jpg
    images8.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 21
  • images9.jpg
    images9.jpg
    9.9 KB · Views: 23
  • images3.jpg
    images3.jpg
    10.5 KB · Views: 24
  • images.jpg
    images.jpg
    10.3 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:
Disabled Account
Joined 2004
Actually, these guy´s are supported by our "presidenta" (A female version of president, that doesn't exist in Spanish dictionary, but that her feminism put in the street speaking), they shut down avenues, routes and bridges almost once weekly, causing traffic chaos, and lots of other things I can't describe in words. Since police has the order not to repress them, they ussualy do all they want.

Woah, can't believe that! Yeah, it looks pretty bad over there. But I really don't understand why she supports those kinds of things. Oops, politics. End of story.

When boy, I wanted to live in the Patagonia when mu UTN graduation, as far as I can from this site (Gran Buenos Aires). Until, we had a president from Anillaco with palindromic name that start with M and end with M, long pin in his face, that cut from the root my dreams.

Now at my 43´s it is too late and difficult.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.