R.I.P. Lars

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Oh no. I was away from the forums for a little while, and I return to find this sad news.

He brought a great deal to the forum and I was always happy to see his posts in a thread. I remember him helping me in one of my very first threads over half a decade ago, and though until today I never even knew his real name, I feel like I grew to know him.

Rest in peace, Lars. You will be missed.

Luke 17:20-21
The Coming of the Kingdom

Being asked by the Pharisees when the kingdom of God was coming,
he answered them, "The kingdom of God is not coming with signs to
be observed; nor will they say, 'Lo, here it is!' or 'There' for behold
the kingdom of God is in the midst of you."

So Lars, you have not gone anywhere far, you're still among us,
it's just we can not see you anymore. But you know that already :).

If all the current research in the West is true and what the Easterners always believed in is correct, Lars and everyone else who has crossed over are in a place where one can meet everyone else they 'knew' even if they never met in 'physical life' on Mother Earth!
The need to increase your circle of friends and bonding with them is crucial. Even if it is often just a made up name , the link still exists. DIYaudio has expanded our circle of friends much more than we often notice. It's also great to know that we may all be able to identify ourselves on the other side even if we never met here !
Lars will certainly be having a great time over there !From the posts we read it's obvious he has a very large circle of friends here even if they didn't interact often or directly. So it will get even better for him and us ,when all of us crossover eventually !:D
Yes, LIFE is all about the infinite future ! We are just building the foundation here. So keep increasing your circle of friends and we will all have a never ending massive ball on the other side!
Cheers.;)

Wow. I just found out. Will be greatly missed because I have read his many posts in the past.

R.I.P tinitus and don't pay the ferryman till you get to the other side.

I recently lost my uncle aswell who was heavily into Radio. (Nov-2013)

Last edited:
Aw, I only just found out. And I feel really sad. :(

Lars, aka tinitus the moderator, was such a great guy. Such a nice guy too.

He made me feel very welcome here, and did loads of interesting things and always stayed interested, part of why I stayed.

Here's to you, Lars. And to everybody who is missing you.

I was thinking about Lars, aka tinitus, and revisiting his pride and joy speaker, which he was always happy to discuss. A really good read here, and the more you know, the more you appreciate the depth of his thought.

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/multi-way/147632-classic-monitor-designs-2.html

He worked very hard at tuning this one, and he admitted it was not easy and went though numerous crossover revisions. It took me years to appreciate what he was doing, but there is so much that he got right here. It just needed a tiny bit more work on the midrange filter, because what he was building was his own improved take on the SEAS 503.

SEAS Kit 503

Time is a terrible thief. He should have finished this one. :(

Oh, wait. I just read further in the thread. How could I forget? He DID finish it! :)

Attachments

• tinitus speaker.JPG
    tinitus speaker.JPG
    55 KB · Views: 907
  • tinitus filter.JPG
    tinitus filter.JPG
    19.1 KB · Views: 889
  • tinitus cabinet.JPG
    tinitus cabinet.JPG
    28.4 KB · Views: 884
Last edited:
Saw this very interesting video of hexagonal flow pattern at Saturn's southern pole,

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/08/06/s...ng-on-saturn.html?partner=EXCITE&ei=5043&_r=1

Thought of Tinitus curiously ; unsure why I went looking.

From one of his early threads 6th Order Bandpass Question , The initial question smoked my head :confused:

Ahh, yes I see now...its just the tuning...stupid me :clown:

RIP and kept it simple

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.