QUASI Amplifier for Beginners

Your amplifier is getting more distortion.

i have used BF871/2 instead of MJE340/350 and for drivers BD243C/BD244C
i have used only one pair of 2N3773
sound quality is too poor that we could not hear for long time as we get irritated to it.

why its happening like this?????

I am waiting for your suggestions

Your amplifier is getting more distortion.

i have used BF871/2 instead of MJE340/350 and for drivers BD243C/BD244C
i have used only one pair of 2N3773
sound quality is too poor that we could not hear for long time as we get irritated to it.

why its happening like this?????

I am waiting for your suggestions

What is kind of distortion, can you describe? Do you measurment DC offset? For start you must have 0,6V on resistors 270R and 56R in CCS.
Can you post some photos?

Last edited:
I find paper with circuit of this amplifier with single pair 2N3773 and added VI limiter.

Attachments

• P8240055.JPG
    P8240055.JPG
    698.3 KB · Views: 1,650
Hello sir

can i use this amplifier for keyboard and guitar (100watt 8ohms load)

does it work for continues program with two 2n3773

i have 35-0-35 transformer can i use for this amplifier

i found a circuit in the web but it did not worked to me output transistors are getting very hot even at medium sound (see attachment) hope yours will run cool

please attach a fresh schematic with bias adjusting with modifications as per my requirement
sorry for my bad English

Dis you mean that this amp doesn't work at all? I almost gathered all the parts needed for this amp untill I read your post!

Best regard
Albert B.
Malaysia

P.S Happy Aidilfitri

a bit skeptical about the schematics

No, I lost schematic for BOS100, but you can use pcb design as start point for simillar amps.
Amplifier from post #1 is fully worked design.
Regards

I am a bit skeptical about the schematics that you had pointed to me (post #1), because the schematic itself doesn’t coexisted with the PCB design that you had posted. Components are different and events the circuit board design are mismatched. Please help kind Sir! If you happened to have power amp with 2N3055/2N2955 please send over.

Thanks

Best regard
Albert

I am a bit skeptical about the schematics that you had pointed to me (post #1), because the schematic itself doesn’t coexisted with the PCB design that you had posted. Components are different and events the circuit board design are mismatched. Please help kind Sir! If you happened to have power amp with 2N3055/2N2955 please send over.

Thanks

Best regard
Albert

Circuit is simple as possible, but if you still confused, you can go to 100W Ultimate Fidelity Amp and use 2N3055/2N2955 with +/-30V DC rail voltage. I can explane to you anything about QUASI amp. This amp can be used for many powers and many diff part can be use for this amp, and it's for beginers to get expirience in buiding and have funtional amp at the end. Any sound from this amp will be better than no sound from not funktional amp.
Regards

Last edited: