"Push-Pull" for push und "Push-Pull" for pull (like Gamnut) - whats the right name?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
tiefbassuebertr,
I gave a clear explanation, after some pondering you should accept it. The operation mode can either be balanced or unbalanced with distinctive difference in function and sound characteristics. There`s no third possibility.
The circlotron circuit provides balanced operation: push-pull in its purest form.
Härzliche Grüße

I gave a clear explanation, after some pondering you should accept it....

No, because a clear explanation looks substantially different from your explanation.
Check out e. g. the term "Single Ended".
Even in case of amp topologies this term is ambiguous. The opposite term is either "Balanced" in case of the input stage (if there are differential input amplifier stage instead "single ended" amplifier input stage) or "Push Pull" in case of the output (buffer resp. power) stage.
Both haven't to do with the terms "quasi complementary" or "true complementary", because this both terms are in all cases "Push Pull" (in case of output stages).
Improve your skills befor you continue your discuss.

Since we can use the same polarity device for output, why the complementary is the most common?:confused:
Because most engineers are too lazy (sometimes even unable) to develop truly innovative amplifier topologies.
But exceptions prove the rule:
www.passlabs.com (aleph series and "First Watt" e. g.)
and
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/blogs/alexcp/378-creek-tweak.html
and the URLs about
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/soli...e-ended-related-solid-state-output-stage.html
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/soli...-models-quasi-complementary-power-output.html

Last edited:
Its PCB !

I got it ! Hooreyyyyy !

Thanks for ebay that recorded very old item of this seller.
I bought them only 50USD.

Full screened label and operating test point but it used very expensive power mosfet 4Pcs (94USD a piece), how do I find APT10025JVR from Microsemi.

Thanks
Anadigit

Attachments

• Gamut PCB.jpg
    Gamut PCB.jpg
    171.6 KB · Views: 693
Happy !

Completed project of GAMUT D200I !

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Changed NE5534 to AD797 and removed all feedback capacitor which control close loop gain and used only 4.7pF for global feedback.

Now I used APT100M50J 100A/500V power mosfet module TO-227 and set to 400mA for idle current, +/-70V supply rails.

Thanks
Anadigit

Congratulations, that's a very nice looking amp, I'd be proud to have built that.

Hi,
Thanks a lot :)

Now I'm very happy with its sound, so smooth with a little punchy for rock.
I have a spare parts for 2 channel and decide to build it again with mono block chassis but I may use a waste of time to build their chassis surely :-(

I have many DIY amplifier such as Aleph30, Aleph4, Aleph-J, F5, Accuphase E210, KRELL KSA-100, Cello ENCORE-50, MBL-8006 and now Gamut D200I is my fevorite suit over other DIY more than 2-3 times.

Thanks
Anadigit

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.