"Push-Pull" for push und "Push-Pull" for pull (like Gamnut) - whats the right name?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Mr.Koran

I had contacted to Mr.Koran whom take this schematic from his department. Mr.Koran now worked at Acer Computer Taiwan (I searched his email from Taiwanese language) He also promise me to give his schematic and parts but I also request his PCB, too but he still decide to reply me YES or NO :(

Regard
Anadigit

Tiefbassüberträger

From the internet:
"Complementary is the adjective form of the word "complement." It means forming a whole or integrating to perfection or completion."
"A precise pairing of organic compounds pyrimidines and purines between the strands of RNA molecule or a DNA molecule in the world of bio-chemistry is also called as complementary. "

...I would say that in electronics a complementary pair is an NPN and a PNP (or n-channel and p-channel) that handles the positive and the negative cycle respectively, complementing eachother.

Quasi means "almost" ( ask Telstar - its Italian :D), and I would say that if you say "almost complementary", it would basically just describe the use of the two similar devices in positive and negative cycle, wich in the end-result complements eachother.

Anyway - I don't think that there are any specific terms, that HAS to be used scientifically or legally when describing a schematic - it is just helpfull if you were to desribe and categorize different topologies for a specific reason.
So if you fancy another name for this circuit, then please call it whatever you like!
:cool:

All this considerations doesn't help to find the appropriate informations about "Google" arround this topology. Or have anybody find this one there only with help of the good known terms therefore?
Therefore again the same question:
What kind of topology are the circuits from post #1 (keep in mind: other topology terms like "Quasi Complementary" to find more exactly informations about various search engines regarded this topology) ??

Last edited:
tiefbassaubertr,

In a balanced circuit, devices operating in phase opposition, the signal is balanced to ground and is symmetric with reference to ground. Push-pull, complementary pair, differential, quasi-complementary are just different names for the same thing.
In an unbalanced circuit, the signal is referred to ground and is asymmetric with reference to ground, like in the single-ended circuit, where the full signal waveform is conducted by (one) device necessarily biased in class A.

Besondere Grüßen

tiefbassaubertr, In a balanced circuit, devices operating in phase opposition, the signal is balanced to ground and is symmetric with reference to ground. Push-pull, complementary pair, differential, quasi-complementary are just different names for the same thing.
In an unbalanced circuit, the signal is referred to ground and is asymmetric with reference to ground, like in the single-ended circuit, where the full signal waveform is conducted by (one) device necessarily biased in class A. Besondere Grüßen
This explanation I don't understand. "Single Ended" and "push Pull" isn't for me the same than unbalanced and balanced mode. Both topologies are to use for both modes. And what now is a circlotron for you? Maybe a single ended in balanced mode? Here an URL collection with non "true complementary" buffer stages at the output:
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/soli...e-ended-related-solid-state-output-stage.html
Here you're.
Now I also request his PCB too but he doesn't want to sell me.
I'm very interested in this schematic, Could anyone can make PCB ? Thanks Anadigit
Same schematic than that one from post #1, but with component values - thank you very much.

Last edited:
tiefbassuebertr,
I gave a clear explanation, after some pondering you should accept it. The operation mode can either be balanced or unbalanced with distinctive difference in function and sound characteristics. There`s no third possibility.
The circlotron circuit provides balanced operation: push-pull in its purest form.
Härzliche Grüße

Hi,
I asked to Gamut officer (Mr.Koran) he told me about their topology.
They called "Push-Pull Single Ended" please take a look at Power Mosfet it was designed as it as a speaker !
This topology can drive any load with constant gain and high bandwidth when compare to other Class-A Mosfet Power Amplifier.

Thanks
Anadigit

ANADIGIT,
I asked to Gamut officer (Mr.Koran) he told me about their topology.
They called "Push-Pull Single Ended" please take a look at Power Mosfet it was designed as it as a speaker !
By definition, there´s no such thing as "Push-Pull Single Ended". Push-Pull means devices in a symmetrical arrangement working in phase opposition (alternating transmission).
Single Ended signifies one side of both the input and output being connected to ground and unbalanced signal handling.
Of course, you can call things whatever you want.
This topology can drive any load with constant gain and high bandwidth when compare to other Class-A Mosfet Power Amplifier.
Very impressing.

What would you call two single ended amplifiers working in opposite phase on each side of the load....Single ended push-pull..???

Gamut is quasi complimentary using two N-channel high-current devices---One of the old "sirius" design goals was to to limit the output to a single set of devices as the designer believed that paralleling devices would degrade the sound

Last edited:
Thats what the are.....single ended Push-pull... you could also call them bridged...but that is more often two separate amplifiers that are bridged to increase output....

what is push pull...??? an amplifier operating with complimentary or quasi complimentary devices referenced to GND....one active terminal and one GND (like most commercial amplifiers are made)...???

Then what if you have two active terminals driven by single ended amplifiers....then what you have is single ended push pull.....

Are you really aware of the differences between a single ended and complimentary output...??

your last statement on the degradation of sound...is just a statement taken out of thin air...

Hi,

What would You call a SEPP or SRPP stage then -as its called in Tube technology? This circuit topology may behave truely like a single ended pushpull amplifier. There´s no reason why the terminology and functioning of the tubes couldn´t be applied to transistors. Transistorized SRPP stages made up from depletion-mode MOSFETs or JFETs come to mind and actually do work well in praxis too.

jauu
Calvin

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.