Pure Player

Hi,

I am having a problem with WASAPI mode when using Pure Player on Windows 7 64 bit.

When I select play a file, the player processes the file but does not actually play it. Instead the program gets caught in a loop where it gets to Using SOX, then exits and starts again with processing.

I am using a USB audio DAC and I am wondering whether Pure Player is trying to send the audio output to the wrong device.

Works without WASAPI fine. And I can also select WASAPI USB DAC in Foobar and it works fine, but no joy with Pure Player.

Any ideas?

-Raja

Is it posibile to download the needed software from microsoft from mac osx, and later install to windows? Or from other else place?
I am mac user (also have win at mac hardware...)
I wasn't on web with my windows still, and I want to keep this way...
Probably because of that everything still working?
I want to try the player.
Thanks
cheers

Something is wrong with Windows and default output device recognition. Try to disable all other soundcards (Device Manager) and make sure the one you use is the default for Windows...

I disabled the on-board sound drivers, leaving only the ESI juli@ - but still the same. Plays perfectly without wasapi ticked.....

but this is surely something with my PC. With foobar I get the exact same problem.....

Is it posibile to download the needed software from microsoft from mac osx, and later install to windows? Or from other else place?
I am mac user (also have win at mac hardware...)
I wasn't on web with my windows still, and I want to keep this way...
Probably because of that everything still working?
I want to try the player.
Thanks
cheers

I don't understand what you exactly mean.
If you have windows running you can install PurePlayer, the only thing required is Microsoft .NET 4 Framework. I don't know much about Mac OS...

Something is wrong with Windows and default output device recognition. Try to disable all other soundcards (Device Manager) and make sure the one you use is the default for Windows...

This does not work for me with WASAPI. I'm using an nVidia Atom 330 motherboard. Every other audio device is disabled at the device manager level and I'm still getting the ad infinitum loop issue.

-Raja

This does not work for me with WASAPI. I'm using an nVidia Atom 330 motherboard. Every other audio device is disabled at the device manager level and I'm still getting the ad infinitum loop issue.

-Raja

Please check Control Panel\Hardware and Sound\Sound\Properties of the soundcard\Advanced. What are the available options on the list? Are the 2 checkboxes below checked (they should be)? What kind of files are you trying to play (bit, KHz)?

Please check Control Panel\Hardware and Sound\Sound\Properties of the soundcard\Advanced. What are the available options on the list? Are the 2 checkboxes below checked (they should be)? What kind of files are you trying to play (bit, KHz)?

Hi,

files are WAV or MP3, 16 bit and 44.1KHz. The TI USB receiver chip is only 16 bit, and works fine with WASAPI via Foobar with the same files. Configuration is correct looking in device manager and control panel - I have tried disabling all the other audio capable devices and still get the same issue...

-Raja

Please edit the pureplayer.bat file and add a pause before exit like this:

:end
del /Q %~dp0tmp.wav
echo OK > %~dp0chk
pause
exit

Then check both Wasapi and Show commands options, uncheck the Repeat All option and play the file. Is some error displayed in the cmd window after decoding?

Just tried that there now and this is what the command window shows:

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    62 KB · Views: 315
Npretalias to me the solution was to uncheck the Give Priority to Applications In Exclusive Mode in the advanced tab of the sound card.

Edit:

The problem still happens sometimes

Edit:

In my case the problem only happens with 24 bits files

C:\pureplayer>del /Q C:\pureplayer\chk

C:\pureplayer>set str="E:\Musica\Journey\(1978) - Infinty [2011 Friday Music 180
g LP; 24 bits 96 Khz]\A2 - Feeling that Way.flac"

C:\pureplayer>set ext=lac"

C:\pureplayer>set pre="E:\Musica\Journey\(1978) - Infinty [2011 Friday Music 180
g LP; 24 bits 96 Khz]\A2 - Feeling that Way.flac"

C:\pureplayer>set ext1=lac

C:\pureplayer>set ext2=ac"

C:\pureplayer>if "E:\Musica\Journey\(1978) - Infinty [2011 Friday Music 180g LP;
24 bits 96 Khz]\A2 - Feeling that Way.flac" == cd (
C:\pureplayer\playcdtrack.bat 1 C:\pureplayer\
goto end
)

C:\pureplayer>if "E:\Musica\Journey\(1978) - Infinty [2011 Friday Music 180g LP;
24 bits 96 Khz]\A2 - Feeling that Way.flac" == cdall (
C:\pureplayer\playcdall.bat 1 C:\pureplayer\
goto end
)

C:\pureplayer>cd C:\pureplayer\

C:\pureplayer>if 1 == 1 (
start /b /HIGH /WAIT C:\pureplayer\flacplay_wasapi "E:\Musica\Journey\(1978) - I
nfinty [2011 Friday Music 180g LP; 24 bits 96 Khz]\A2 - Feeling that Way.flac" C
:\pureplayer\
goto end
)
Trying to play E:\Musica\Journey\(1978) - Infinty [2011 Friday Music 180g LP; 24
bits 96 Khz]\A2 - Feeling that Way.flac
Wasapi Mode Selected...
Filetype detected: FLAC
Input FLAC stream: stereo @ 96.0kHz, 24bpS
Allocated 156MB buffer
Decoding OK - Took 2.1sec
Opening exclusive mode device...ERROR unsupported format

C:\pureplayer>del /Q C:\pureplayer\tmp.wav
No se pudo encontrar C:\pureplayer\tmp.wav

C:\pureplayer>echo OK 1>C:\pureplayer\chk

C:\pureplayer>pause
Presione una tecla para continuar . . .

Last edited:
I believe that your soundcard does not directly support 24-96 files (ERROR unsupported format).
Open Control Panel\Hardware and Sound\Sound\Properties of the soundcard\Advanced. Is 24-96 on the list?

I have almost no knowledge of windows audio layers. I am just wondering if there are facilities similar to linux alsa plugins, specifically the automatic conversion plugin ALSA project - the C library reference: PCM (digital audio) plugins . This plugin checks input stream parameters and does the minimal set of changes to the stream to satisfy the card capabilities as reported by the driver itself. E.g. for Envy24 cards supporting only 32bit samples it converts all input samples to 32 bits automatically. For 16bit-only cards it would down-scale the input stream to 16 bits. It can do sample rate conversion too but this feature almost never kicks in for modern cards supporting natively the whole range of 22kHz - 192 kHz.

Or applications query the card capabilities and adjust the stream parameters themselves. E.g. mplayer or VLC do that.

I just found mentioning that appropriate to this discussion.