Pumpkin Preamp - Perfect for F4

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
mpmarino said:
lykkedk,

Aren't LED's light sensitive? Could this help to explain your variations??

if your still having variations.....

Ps: ZM - that board looks awesome. really.

CY ,as I wrote before...... in open environment - things like these can't be stable ........ "don't breath!" ........ remember..... ?

even JC's BT ,with all fanzy servos, is almost hermetically sealed

with cause,I presume and resume

edit.............

say ya let it cook for 30 mins , set for both offsets at zero, wait to see is it stable......yes ............... then you just sneeze at it........... voila! absolute offset is up...........and down ......... LTP is very sensitive to tiniest temp changes

:clown: but- fortunately (is it wittingly ?) diff offset is rock solid ;)

Zen Mod said:

CY ,as I wrote before...... in open environment - things like these can't be stable ........ "don't breath!" ........ remember..... ?

even JC's BT ,with all fanzy servos, is almost hermetically sealed

with cause,I presume and resume

edit.............

say ya let it cook for 30 mins , set for both offsets at zero, wait to see is it stable......yes ............... then you just sneeze at it........... voila! absolute offset is up...........and down ......... LTP is very sensitive to tiniest temp changes

:clown: but- fortunately (is it wittingly ?) diff offset is rock solid ;)

CY was my Dad's nick - spooky that you called me that! (but I know it's crazy y...)

Yes I know you wrote such - and I certainly understand the reasons. But I am thinking that there is one more variable that can cause changes? light? No lexan tops for pumpkin? (not that I would)

apologies for OT.

PS: I'm not implying a design weakness:)

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
mpmarino said:

CY was my Dad's nick - spooky that you called me that! (but I know it's crazy y...)

Yes I know you wrote such - and I certainly understand the reasons. But I am thinking that there is one more variable that can cause changes? light? No lexan tops for pumpkin? (not that I would)

apologies for OT.

PS: I'm not implying a design weakness:)

:D :clown:

yes- you can do lexan top ;

just ensure steady air circulation ; accent is on steady ;

some sort of box is welcome for :Pumpkin: ........ even if some of us like to use gadgets on top of plain plank ........ just put 'em inside,let it cook for some time with top lid, tweak,put toplid back and ....... do this again after some time and forget it .........
leave it on all the time or not , that's your choice ........

anyway- that drek have output caps........ do not worry too much ;)

edit:

CY

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
The Shunty

pcb pattern definitely done tonight ;

Oly gives a name to this major PITA (at least to him........... ;) )

1/2

Attachments

• theshunty1.gif
    theshunty1.gif
    85.9 KB · Views: 704
Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
jleaman said:
Zen-Mod, will your new psu board worth with 2 channels, or does it only power one channel ?

one reg-one main board-one channel

"don't take prisoners" aproach

that reg (and board,too) is made with intention to be sorta universal - for output voltages from 15-100V and currents (sum of shunt and load current) in range of 20-300mA

every different case need slight recalculation of adequate elements,but- hey- there is fun......

soon I'll have reg boards for solo trade ,too

ya see them from pictures ;

not so far from burning your fingers ; estimate ~ 45C , without measuring

Yep ZenMod... They are much smaller than i throught they will be. Well i was guessing from start, that 5pcs x2 (2channel on 1 heatsink i have). of irf's would dissapate a lot of heat... I just ordred a small black one, which i think will be perfect for heatdissapation for both channel's, the big one i used for start is waaaay overkill!

Could you perhap's open that new thread soon ??? (Pumpkin finished) I would like to be first publishing :cool: :angel: :angel: :devilr: ... No joke' I have few pic's one of them next day's, with my ongoing psu / pumpkin chassis project. Just tared the hole setup apart today, for preparing it for going into chassis. (somehow sad, that it must leave my livingroom for now ---> Swinging so easy 40v with 1,8v on input ;)).

Regulation look's very good too ! That Pal of your is really good at pcb-artwork !

Jesper.

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
lykkedk said:

Could you perhap's open that new thread soon ??? (Pumpkin finished) I would like to be first publishing :cool: :angel: :angel: :devilr: ... No joke' I have few pic's one of them next day's, with my ongoing psu / pumpkin chassis project. Just tared the hole setup apart today, for preparing it for going into chassis. (somehow sad, that it must leave my livingroom for now ---> Swinging so easy 40v with 1,8v on input ;)).

Jesper.

well .......... certainly in few days ........
you can place (in fact-please,do) new pictures here ;

I'll let you know when I 'll open new thread - so you can put those pics again there ........ you deserve that , because your :Pumpkin: was first non-prototype

:devilr: even if just 30% of real one......... you don't have proper reg ;)

ask Lucky Luke for difference between series and shunt regs ;)

Regulation look's very good too ! That Pal of your is really good at pcb-artwork !

nope- knowing his much more advanced pcbs than :Pumpkin: related ones - he's not good- he's a wizzzzzzzzzzz

I'll let you know when I 'll open new thread - so you can put those pics again there ........ you deserve that , because your :Pumpkin: was first non-prototype

:devilr: even if just 30% of real one......... you don't have proper reg ;)

Cool... i am a bit flattered ;)

(donno if you allready wrote this) what is reg-boardsize, and is it possible to put one on top of the other, to fit this protopsu-box... (see pic) ???

Jesper.

Attachments

• psu1.jpg
    psu1.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 639
Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
lykkedk said:

Cool... i am a bit flattered ;)

(donno if you allready wrote this) what is reg-boardsize, and is it possible to put one on top of the other, to fit this protopsu-box... (see pic) ???

Jesper.

I don't think that you'll put two Shunty-s in that case ;

I have no handy *.pcb files now ,and probably will not have them 'till day after tomorrow , so I can't say what dimensions exactly are .......
all I have now are just few graphic files and pics - not even main boards near me.

its kind of late to call Oly for that - he's common european working man,contrary to me - always sort of free-lancer

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member