Pumpkin preamp - ordered by Steen , official making thread

steenoe said:

Hi Tony. Didn't you make that layout? I had forgotten about it, but come to think of it I beleive you did send me some files. I will look for them on my PC when I get home.

:)

Yes, you might be correct I sent you the art work for the double board for the ZV9 since yesterday I found the file. Anyway I decided to go over it to make it F3 worthy.
Let me know if the size of those PCB’s is OK for your amp layout.

My memory just isn’t what it used to be, sad but true

:xeye:

Re: Re: Re: Re: Arcylic turntable (again)

steenoe said:

Hi Steve. Thats a great looking turntable:eek: Nice work. The finished edges looks glassclear from here.
You can resize and make a smaller resolution in a picture program.
Try "Irfanview" its free and you can find it on the web.

Thank you Steenoe, I appreciate the kind words. The turntable came out much better than I expected.

Here is another attempt at resizing and post at pic. I discovered I had my graphics program set too aggressively.

It works!

Hurray!:D

Now that I can post pictures -- you've created a monster. :att'n:

A picture of what I am listening to right now, and hope to be trying a Pumpkin/Shunty and F4 through soon:

Horn speaker based on Dr. Edgar's designs and using one of his poplar "salad bowls" for the midrange horn. The rest of the wood-working is mine. That's a downward-firing horn loaded subwoofer with 18 inch JBL pro driver, behind the left channel speaker. . .

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Arcylic turntable (again)

apassgear said:

Yes, you might be correct I sent you the art work for the double board for the ZV9 since yesterday I found the file. Anyway I decided to go over it to make it F3 worthy.
Let me know if the size of those PCB’s is OK for your amp layout.

My memory just isn’t what it used to be, sad but true

:xeye:

Hi Tony. The size is just fine, thanks. YGM.

zettelsm said:

Thank you Steenoe, I appreciate the kind words. The turntable came out much better than I expected.

Here is another attempt at resizing and post at pic. I discovered I had my graphics program set too aggressively.

Wow, thats one nice TT. Great job. Is that shotgun-shot, in the platter?

Dennis Hui said:

I think you're being framed. :)

Dennis

Thanks for the support, Dennis. I have a hard time convincing Rovsing that I am innocent :D I do admit that the whole case
is pretty mysterious, though :angel:

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
Re: It works!

zettelsm said:
Hurray!:D

Now that I can post pictures -- you've created a monster. :att'n:

A picture of what I am listening to right now, and hope to be trying a Pumpkin/Shunty and F4 through soon:

Horn speaker based on Dr. Edgar's designs and using one of his poplar "salad bowls" for the midrange horn. The rest of the wood-working is mine. That's a downward-firing horn loaded subwoofer with 18 inch JBL pro driver, behind the left channel speaker. . .

man - now seriously - every detail on that picture is just right .

can you share your (I presume) joy about Edgar's with us ?

I mean - I know already pretty much about them , but is always pleasure when someone say something "in flash" ........

hehe - this thread is certainly good for that , as any else ....

btw - I just must say that - LL obviously discovered how to quote properly :devilr:

Re: Hi!

dviswa said:
Steve,

That is real fugly!!!!!:smash:

Man, that kind of wood working skills makes me Jealeous

Thanks! Measure twice, cut once -- and no matter how many times you cut a piece, it will still be too short. . . :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

It was my first attempt at veneering. Good thing I had lots of sandpaper.

Zen Mod said:

man - now seriously - every detail on that picture is just right .

can you share your (I presume) joy about Edgar's with us ?

I mean - I know already pretty much about them , but is always pleasure when someone say something "in flash" ........

hehe - this thread is certainly good for that , as any else ....

Seriously????? ZM, are you sure you are feeling OK? :dead: :clown:

The most realistic sounding speakers I've ever heard -- great clarity and truthfulness to timbre and texture and nuance. Instrumentalists and vocalists are *in the room* And dynamics that still startle me.

Amazing what a couple of milliwatts of tube power can do with 106dB/w/m.

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

zeonrider said:
Wow, what a speaker, or is it a part of furniture:smash: !?

Regards zeoN_Rider

I first thought about getting the hardware to make that big enclosure look like an armoir or antique upright ice-chest. Talk about wife acceptance factor -- I still hear about it. And on top of all that, I had to get her to help me with it when I ran out of strength on the next to last step at the top of the stairs! The thing weighs over 110 kilos.

I used up major points with her over that speaker!

:whip: :whip: :whip:

Arcylic turntable (again)

steenoe said:

Wow, thats one nice TT. Great job. Is that shotgun-shot, in the platter?

Thanks. You are absolutely correct -- lead shotgun-shot in twelve chambers around the periphery of the platter for mass and momentum.

I didn't turn the platter -- that was done by Chris Brady's brother. I was one of the original seven DIYers who participated in the design and building of the original Teres turntable project. He did the platters and bearing after we finalized their design.

The base and plinth, suspension and armboard are my design and fabrication. I'm using a VPI arm, and the VPI center and periphery clamps.

Steve Z