Pumpkin preamp - ordered by Steen , official making thread

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
Re: Re: ZM is spoking ...... (spikete spik)

spavleski said:
OK - So, whole PSU made for relays not to be conected to any ground. Correct?

we'll solve that minor issues tomorrow via skipi or phone ....

anyway - point is that you must have either dedicated winding for that 5V psu , or dedicated small xformer ; when you make ordinary PSU of that ( written in my previous post) , you just not connect it anywhere in system , meaning on audio psu ; they are galvanic isolated or whatever ......... two completely independent circuits .

diode across each relay coil ( wired in anti-phase (orientation) A to + side of coil) is for peak suppression ......... ya remember what induction is ;) ......... how eeeny weeeny ceiling bulb can be responsible for melting contacts on wall switch ....... :rofl:

Manu said:
Yes.

Simply that :
(Better switch 5V not GRd may be.)

when that psu is isolated - it's completely irrelevant which pole you choose sending to selector switch

Re: Re: Re: ZM is spoking ...... (spikete spik)

Zen Mod said:

we'll solve that minor issues tomorrow via skipi or phone ....

anyway - point is that you must have either dedicated winding for that 5V psu , or dedicated small xformer ; when you make ordinary PSU of that ( written in my previous post) , you just not connect it anywhere in system , meaning on audio psu ; they are galvanic isolated or whatever ......... two completely independent circuits .

diode across each relay coil ( wired in anti-phase (orientation) A to + side of coil) is for peak suppression ......... ya remember what induction is ;) ......... how eeeny weeeny ceiling bulb can be responsible for melting contacts on wall switch ....... :rofl:

when that psu is isolated - it's completely irrelevant which pole you choose sending to selector switch

;) Danke Zen

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
spavleski said:
That's valid for both Input and Output connection - Correct?

yup - for both , in and out .

it's always like this:

Pin 1 = Shield ground
Pin 2 = Positive balanced signal
Pin 3 = Negative balanced signal

you'll find tiny number near each pin on each good XLR of this world, so you can't miss ............. well - if you look ;)

http://tiny.pl/pz67

Manu said:
C'est vrai, ils sont bien les Dagnall?
imagine there is a razor inside the amp

Si, biensur.
You can trust a British company with a long track record to put the windings on properly.
Laminating core plates was a good find, the transformer companies have at least a solid 1/4 century experience with it, definitely no risc of mechanical transformer noise.
An output of twice 50Vac is a weeny much, but it does garanty that there's plenty juice left under load, only downside is the additional dissipation.
They're not as lavishly pretty as any of the Partridge PS/OP transformers of which i have a couple, way different league, but miles of difference in comparison to the majority of Asian manufacture.
(c'est dommage nous ne pouvons pas parler trop en Francais ici)

Razor reminds of Capitaine Philippe D'Arnot (Ian Holm, Greystoke)
Vous remain a singe.

Thanks for explanations.

Would you say that even for speaker filter application Trafokernspulen (Mundorf) would be better than Torobar coil?

Razor reminds of Capitaine Philippe D'Arnot (Ian Holm, Greystoke)

Even shaved, a singe remains a singe?
Sure?
Oh lord I'am Tarzan? ....
Although I suspected that...

(c'est dommage nous ne pouvons pas parler trop en Francais ici)
Oui, surtout que l'anglais n'est pas mon fort... comme tu le vois.
Tu savais que Mallarmé était prof d'anglais?
http://www.synec-doc.be/anglais/mallarme.htm

manu

As Jacco point it out, because of my nice dagnall 2x50V tranny, it would be of advantage to have some volt loss before first reg in shunty (in order to avoid too much dissipation).
Which change concerning R21 to R24 would be fine/allowed for this purpose?

Manu

(no soldering today, too busy at work, so no time for real life...)

This pic is for Isa :