Pumpkin preamp - ordered by Steen , official making thread

quote from ZenMod:
dunno for your pcb - but for mine correct way is like this

Thank's for the correction on my attenuator schm.
Well i tried to hook it up, the way you suggested, and some hum dissapeared.

look at zenmod's attennuator schm. here

I made a 'star' connection in middle of chassis (not connected to that) from that 'star' connection wires are going into these point's.
1 wire ---> pwr gnd Right channel
2 wire ---> pwr gnd Left channel
3 wire ---> signal gnd Right channel
4 wire ---> signal gnd Left channel
5 wire ---> comming from input gnd

The god thing is, that now my 4deck work's as good as my 2deck-stereo pot. :)

But still having that strange -in to GND problem... If i deattach the -in wire comming from attenuator, the :Pumpkin: is dead-quiet! ... But when -in is attached to attennuator there is comming some humming... really annoying. Donno what the problem is. Seem's to me, that it's some grounding issue...
Because when -in is connected to gnd via attennuator the :Pumpkin: is becoming very sensitive.. e.g when i touch some part's you can hear it. All that dissapears when disconnecting -in... something i didn't noticed before. I must say, that i didn't try it on my F4's this testing is done with my LeachAmp, there is ofcause the possibillity that there is no humming when connected to F4... but i sure would like to solve that problem anyway.

Jesper.

gimme pics ,drawings , whatever ;

you must have ground loop somewhere .

Yep... groundloop it must be! --- but no piccie's today, cause children bring along digicam on a weekendtrip :)

I realise, that i did not use the 'coax shield' in coaxcable. it might be the problem.
The coax i use is a 3wire+shield cable, containing red, black, yellow. + shield.

I use the black wire as GND, red is for +connection's and yellow is -connection's. The shield connection, i just leave as it is at end of cable's... I just looked at your'e grounding schm. HERE
And see that the shield is connected at the PCB (which i didn't do so far)... this might could be it ???

Will be back when rewiring once more ! ;) Not tonight for sure :D

Jesper.

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
lykkedk said:

Yep... groundloop it must be! --- but no piccie's today, cause children bring along digicam on a weekendtrip :)

I realise, that i did not use the 'coax shield' in coaxcable. it might be the problem.
The coax i use is a 3wire+shield cable, containing red, black, yellow. + shield.

I use the black wire as GND, red is for +connection's and yellow is -connection's. The shield connection, i just leave as it is at end of cable's... I just looked at your'e grounding schm. HERE
And see that the shield is connected at the PCB (which i didn't do so far)... this might could be it ???

Will be back when rewiring once more ! ;) Not tonight for sure :D

Jesper.

if everything is wired OK - then shield is just a bonus , not necessity

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
lykkedk said:

If that's the case... i haven't no clue anymore... everything is connected proberly.

Will be thinking next few day's i guess... might be that i'll figure it out that way! ;)

Thank's for helping me out ZenMod... PS: check youre mail in few minutes... :)

Jesper.

gimme pics .

Magura said:

Remember, snaps December 8th Jesper :D

Magura :)

whazzat now that dec. 8. ?