Pumpkin preamp - ordered by Steen , official making thread

mpmarino said:
Is this better Maggie? A two inch spade bit and a dremel is all it took.

;)

A couple of words of advice:

Cover the faces of the workpiece with self adhesive film to avoid scratches.

Use you millingmachine and the tools I sent you for stuff like what you just did with your dremel. It's easier than you may think, simply draw what you need to remove directly on the workpiece, and do it freehand following your drawn lines by manually operating the feed on both the X and Y axis.

But looking good indeed :)

Magura :)

Evening all...

I am having real big problem's with my volume control / inputselector etc...
Seem's to me, that whatever i do for now, it's ending up with huuuge hum/noise !

If i just connec't my old ALP's 10k pot - directly soldered on input :Pumpkin: and with -in connected to GND... the :Pumpkin: work's 100%...

Everey other attemp's failes for me for now. I tried to connect my 4deck, with some shielded cable, but ending up bad too. Maybee i should try using the shield as GND, like it's done when i attach my alp's stereopot, donno but seem's to me, that my :Pumpkin: is very sensitive for picking up unwanted signals... Could ofcause be, that i have set gain at 20x, but i am finding it odd, that i can succes with attaching signal/pot directly... ???

I would appreciate if someone can tell me, excatly howto attach my 4deck alps. I have some shielded cable i can use, but seem's to me that thing's must be done 100% correct to success. --- At the point i am now, it's close for me, i hate to say for giving it up...

Have a nice evening all.

Jesper.

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
lykkedk said:
Evening all...

I am having real big problem's with my volume control / inputselector etc...
Seem's to me, that whatever i do for now, it's ending up with huuuge hum/noise !

If i just connec't my old ALP's 10k pot - directly soldered on input :Pumpkin: and with -in connected to GND... the :Pumpkin: work's 100%...

Everey other attemp's failes for me for now. I tried to connect my 4deck, with some shielded cable, but ending up bad too. Maybee i should try using the shield as GND, like it's done when i attach my alp's stereopot, donno but seem's to me, that my :Pumpkin: is very sensitive for picking up unwanted signals... Could ofcause be, that i have set gain at 20x, but i am finding it odd, that i can succes with attaching signal/pot directly... ???

I would appreciate if someone can tell me, excatly howto attach my 4deck alps. I have some shielded cable i can use, but seem's to me that thing's must be done 100% correct to success. --- At the point i am now, it's close for me, i hate to say for giving it up...

Have a nice evening all.

Jesper.

have you any schematic?

so we can see where is culprit ............

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
lykkedk said:

No i am just attaching 4deck directly... seem's that the -in/gnd connection is very very sensitive... it's like, that if i attach wire's here instead of a solderbridge, the humming raises real much... later i will draw a schm. how i attached my pot.

Jesper.

later ........ now I have things to do

don't worry - AR2 (in fact Sy and Anatech and Magura) were successful in that ..........