Presenting the Trynergy - a full range tractrix synergy.

Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
Byrrt,

drums has lots of reverb effect.

I wonder if it is just the recording? Here is where I got the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHDjGtj18X0

CD going lower in frequency coming from same point thereby room not interfere than PRV/1.0x.

Good point - the point source nature of the synergy makes it sound better for that reason alone vs having the sub not localized to the same source as the HF.

Last edited:
Byrrt, i wonder if it is just the recording? Here is where I got the video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHDjGtj18X0 .....
Checked it out the recording has really good portion of reverb, a compare streaming from YouTube against your sound clip expected different, YouTube clip lack your nice basement and clever reproducing point source :D.

.....Good point - the point source nature of the synergy makes it sound better for that reason alone vs having the sub not localized to the same source as the HF.
Yes that was what tried to express probably in complicated way, you know English language not native here it's topped on through school and life, add mayby little tired. Do you have knowledge or feeling how low both 0,7x/1.0x will support CD in LF area.

My feedback freddi, listening Lisitsian on small cheap EDIROL fullrange monitors, percieve the YouTube stream has more natural ambience, sound clip 0,7x horn little more in face sound here but very good. Think great quality the chain it's been throug, in room reproduced sound recorded once more.

Last edited:
fwiw I heard some siblence but did not directly compare. A lot of audio seems to have "source sameness" - as if some tube and acoustic recordings have a glare or homogenized effect - - I'm 64 and grew up with vacuum tube analog audio of that day. Last year I had an old Lafayette SK58 12 inch coaxial in a Karlson 12 which probably sounded better on vocals than any of my smaller fullrange. Its free air resonance had more than doubled :D

freddi 64 have some relation here that's my birth year taking 50 years corner later in year. Funny you speak vocal/OB/tube in my youth my grandmother had a big tube radio and OB speaker in same frame, it will always stand out for me to be the best presentation iv'e heard reproducing vocals but only vocals. Today like to investigate that radio setup, but years gone both grandmother and radio had left naturally. Regarding tubes have several CD's by Elvis Presley certainly recorded in tube days and sound wonderfull, no loudness/dynamics war at that time, only errors i noticed is woofers in these old recordings sometimes makes some weird slow movements (very LF rumble), i imagine either it's because the studio setup was not able to reveal this LF rumble, or it's vinyl masters transferred to CD. To be on topic :) need to comment sound clip "Synergy-0.7x-3FE22-09-pl-vocals", tube sound on string symphony very well preserved in route through 0,7x Synergy.

cool - - here's a couple of drummers - recordings not reference quality - just to see how they play - I'll have to try to find a Charly Antolini CD

Charly Antolini (B. 1937)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6sNYw1fxNZA
Charly Antolini: THE BIG DRUM SOLO: THE QUEEN IS MAD - FLYING HOME - YouTube

Steve Clarke
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1AvTBtwXZ6k

here's a few seconds of his "Solo Drums" on an 8" Klam loaded with a $13 Sammi fullrange - it was good and loud 150 feet away -I had another 6-10db past the level in the video below on my EP2500
some artifacts of the front chamber can be heard up close - a bit of felt up front and polyfil in the rear chamber would have helped. The camera's audio was overloading up close. "Solo Drums" played nice on an 18" Karlson topped with a Unity horn but would have sounded fine with just the woofer and a K-tube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=znfE7hjQ40o

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Last edited:
My test on youtbe with super open baffle did good, nice voices pf the new hybrid amp.

real diy testing, real fun. - YouTube

Open baffles with a T-TQWT is still a very nice to listen speaker, go very low also (under20 hz but room is to small).

But is afcourse offtopic

Attachments

• gemeten op mijn luisterplek.jpg
    gemeten op mijn luisterplek.jpg
    174.4 KB · Views: 652
Nice amp there Kees. Is that your own tube preamp with class A output design? Not open baffle, "no" baffle. :). Sounds very nice. What track is that?

No it is a class AB amp, (150 mA idle current), it is own design with no feedback and no cathode followers and tube drive power mosfets in dc mode without caps controlled by a offset servo, and this try did change a lot what sound concerns, other tracks on youtube are the amp who I have working and have a cathode follower, and the track ? I can not say it come from a cd without tekst.

I have a "no baffle" with the phillips same as for synergy. and this sub for bass help.

But you are ready with the new creation, congratutations, you did go on despite the negative reactions sometimes, yeh people are sometimes afraid for new things.

O what version of solidworks do you have? I see this programs are veryyyy big. exspecial the new ones.

thanks kees

Attachments

• visaton pipe.jpg
    visaton pipe.jpg
    332.7 KB · Views: 645
Do not make me hungry to your design:D

Yes sofware makers explode there software and make it big and sluggisch, I think back with tears as I see the assembler language was so beautifull.

I did try autocad 2014, 13 gigabyte download, this is super overbloated.

But did you see this in other thread? dig EQ or analog EQ.

You can see in hornresp what it does.

analog works fine and is easy to make when you now what to do.

regards

kees

Attachments

• ScreenHunter_236 Sep. 07 20.58.jpg
    ScreenHunter_236 Sep. 07 20.58.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 614
  • ScreenHunter_237 Sep. 07 20.59.jpg
    ScreenHunter_237 Sep. 07 20.59.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 588
Last edited:
Thanks everyone great track links.

The track request from xrk971 to kees52 that's unknown and comes from CD without text, i can help the title because words in text i recognize to a title called "A taste of honey" which i hold in CD by Roger Whittaker.

This one for xrk971 if temporary getting tired of replaying "Tin Pan Alley", same category: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3W2_vb-tDUk.
This one belong both great acoustic bass and vocal category: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cke3U3T6LcU.

Last edited:
Post #138

Maybe by mistake link 1 and 3 point at same, or is it mistake my PC.

this is it.....Patricia Barber album cafe blue.....

Great you found track i did compare your private recording verse YouTube, latter miss care put in your chain :)-).

.....(lost friends on cancer).....

Really sorry, seems nowadays to hit everywhere.

Post #136

Interest here analog RCL filters, those pictures there in corner saying "Passive Filter Wizard", what software package do this belong to.