PPI 2150 AM Dead! Need help or good repair person!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
ppia600 said:
Sucks sometimes. I recently bought a broken orion cobalt 2100 for $40. (400 real american made watts) Then I repaired it. Put it up on ebay with a low $25 reserve, and what do I get? That's right, it sold for $39 frickin dollars. I paid 40, bought parts and repaired it, and it sold for less than I originall paid for it BROKEN. I think I'll just start selling the broken amps I get, probably make more money. :rolleyes:

i hear you!! i get that sometimes too. i think i will start selling my repaired amps on local craigslist. i started selling refurbished subs there after i bought a pallete of returned bazooka subs and i've been selling them left and right along with a few amps and installs on the side. besides shipping is too much these days for heavy items. i'm going broke buying amps but i love tinkering with them and selling them. maybe one day i'll make some money from it if i get really good at it.

jol50 said:
Someone got a good deal, heck I could have used it for that. I bought one but the blown bjt (new term for me lol) is listed at $24, yes just about the same as I paid for the amp :bigeyes: Guess I have to go shopping and see if I can find something else or I'll really be stuck on that one and its just a maxxonics. I saw a bunch of sub amps go really high lately, some were $75 for 1kw and they were selling working for 100 at the same time.

a lot of the time bjt's can be replaced with tip35 and tip36 as replacements. they are all over ebay! what were the originals and what are their specs? i just did a maxxonics that had them in there from the get go even though the board said otherwize???

I spoke too soon! Turns out I have a spare parts magnum amp...you can get them on ebay for next to nothing...and there two are. :) Maybe I should put the other half in too as its the same, B778. Same outputs per channel. The magnum case looks like a perfect copy of a cheap visonic as well. This magnum was hardly used store return, when they get used a lot the output resistors start to melt. :cheers: to those of you who need a source, though maybe used.

jol50 said:
I spoke too soon! Turns out I have a spare parts magnum amp...you can get them on ebay for next to nothing...and there two are. :) Maybe I should put the other half in too as its the same, B778. Same outputs per channel. The magnum case looks like a perfect copy of a cheap visonic as well. This magnum was hardly used store return, when they get used a lot the output resistors start to melt. :cheers: to those of you who need a source, though maybe used.

you should always replace both if one in a pair fails just to be safe and add life to the amp. these parts are both available from mcm for $4.72 each. i'd rather use new than pull some out of a used and probably abused cheap amp
:hot: :whazzat:

http://www.mcminone.com/product.asp...oduct_id=2720158007&CMP=datafeeds&ATT=froogle

http://www.mcminone.com/product.asp...oduct_id=2740198005&CMP=datafeeds&ATT=froogle

you could find them on ebay too but i didn't check :D

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.