PowerPad and the ultra extreme headphone amp TPA

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
peranders said:

How do you mean? What type of headphones do you have?

Some crappy Sony MDR or something. Not very good.

Its just that the output I have is very low, so I will try increasing the gain and see how it does.

Soldering is a little challenging. If you can find some sort of socket for it, that would help a lot.

Carlos: I tried with 12V as well, seemed to help a little. and yes i need to increase the gain. Just wanted to build it identical to the datasheet first.

peranders said:
Carlos, I ment of course that the gain must be adjust for the application. If thomas has a weak signal he must increase the gain which is done very easily.

That's what I meant on a previous post.
2x gain is low, as he is testing with an mp3 player.
If the intention is to make a headamp for portables, gain should be much higher.
But the feedback resistor must remain as per the manufacturer's recommendation.

Tip for soldering pad

I cut a small rectangle of copper out - the width of the chip - heated a blob of solder on the centre with a gas torch, then quickly stuck the chip on the molten solder. I then hard wired leads to the active legs of the chip and made up the circuit as per the basic evaluation model.
It sounds very good - my friend has a Chiarra Single Ended Class A Headphone Amp - and he was a bit sickened to hear this almost free amp.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.