• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Potential Other Group Buys related to EUVLs F5X

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
It is worth mentioning that you need 2 transformers for a stereo amplifier (2 channels).
So that would be for me €122+€15 delivery.

Also try to confirm if they can bifilar wind the 2 secondaries. If not, contact me by email.
I had developed another solution with Toroidy a few years back to overcome that.

Send Thomas my best regards.

Patrick

Joined 2009
Paid Member
PRP group buy ACTIVATED

The group buy for PRP resistors has been started and you will find the thread here. Please post any questions you might have there.
Cheers,
Nic

Tentative participant list for PRP resistors for EUVL F5X build:

Europe
NicMac 2 sets
Mravinsky 2 sets
APK 2 sets
Chalkandtalk 1 set
heinz1 2 sets
JBdV 2 sets
Ramallo 1 set
Studley 1 set
samoloko 1 set
CeeVee 2 sets

Asia
pmchoong 2 sets
Nikon1975 2 sets
qusp 1 set
wktk_smile 1 set
leejh 1 set
johnwmclean 1 set

USA
alazira 1 set
pchw 2 set
horio 2 set
Westley 2 sets
CanAm Man 1 set

Notes: This is a tentative list of members interested in a GB for PRP resistors for a EUVL F5X build (1 set = 1 complete F5X build (dual mono amps + PS)). The GB is run by NicMac, but was suggested by EUVL and kindly made possible by Fitzfish (see post #23). I will post more exact information on composition of a "set" (number and values), pricing and means of distribution/delivery when I have this information.

Joined 2006
Paid Member
It is worth mentioning that you need 2 transformers for a stereo amplifier (2 channels).
So that would be for me €122+€15 delivery.

Also try to confirm if they can bifilar wind the 2 secondaries. If not, contact me by email.
I had developed another solution with Toroidy a few years back to overcome that.

Send Thomas my best regards.

Patrick

Will do Patrick,

I'll check, now with your 2 we are asking for 20 trafos ? is this right Gerhard ?.

Carlos

I have started a GB sheet please confirm your interest there ;

EUVL F5X "Toroidy" Tranformers Europe GB

Last edited:
I was asked by PM why I changed the secondary voltage to 16V.

In some countries, the mains supply can vary by some 10% from the 230V nominal.
Going 16V gets us the margin back in case it goes -10%.

In any case we can easily adjust the regulator output voltage, so there is nothing to worry whether 15V or 16V.

;)

Patrick

Carlos,

may I ask if I can put my name on the group buy sheet for the Toroidy transformers or is this group buy closed? I'm interested in 2 transformers.

I also use transformers from Toroidy (400VA) in my current F5X build and I'm really happy with the quality.

Regards, Uwe

Last edited:
Joined 2009
Paid Member
Among the components I still have to source for the EUVL F5X build, the power supply caps seems to be the most important remaining item.
Does anybody know the footprint, number, size and rating we should be looking for?
I think I read somewhere that the regulation chain is C-R-C-reg-C so I guess we will be looking for 6 caps in total. 25 or 35V rated?
Just some info needed for going shopping!
Cheers,
Nic

Interest Check Furutech FI 10’s

Davide (Nikon1975) has found a good source for Furutech FI 10’s.

Please let me know your interest and well get the ball rolling, pick and option and quantity.
Shipping cost tbc.

Option 1) 1500 Yen (Approx $19.4US) 24k Gold-Plated
Option 2) 1100 Yen (Approx $14.2US) Rhodium-Plated

MarkLai Option ? X 10pcs
Johnwmclean Option 1 X 1pcs

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.