• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Potential Other Group Buys related to EUVLs F5X

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Amended list:

SumR (Canada)
(part number: RC0600 915 5; see post #179 and confirmed in post #181)

qusp
pmchoong (Malaysia)

Toroidy (Europe)

samoloko, mravinsky, heinz1, CeeVee, NicMac, APK, JBdV (2x)

Antek (USA)

alazira

to be seen whether there is enough interest

Joined 2009
Paid Member
Transformer quote from Canterbury Windings - UK

I asked Terry @ Canterbury Windings (Canterbury Windings Home) for a quote for transformers and below you can the see the specifications. I have bought transformers from them several times and the quality and service is always good. I will try these out and report back. For > 10 pcs. the price would be 86GBP including VAT.
Do we know the price from Toroidy?
----------------------------------------------
Power rating: 540VA
Primary: 0-230V @ 50/60Hz
Electrostatic screen
Secondaries: 2 x 0-15V @ 18A rms, it is not possible to bifilar wind these, but each secondary will be wound with 4 windings & as these will be wound alternately they will have similar winding resistances (usually within 1-2%) & as the wire will be from a single reel, the secondaries will be probably better matched than a bifilar wound pair using two reels of wire
GOSS band around the circumference
Regulation: approx 5% (around 15.92V off load)
Estimated dimensions: 140mm diameter x 76mm high away from leadouts
Mounting: standard mounting kit (adds approx 4.5mm to the height)
Leadouts: approx 200mm long flexible (stranded)
Audio grade construction

Please kindly redo list under 3 continents for ease of distribution later.

Patrick

Tentative participant list for PRP resistors:

We should think about whether the regional distributors of the Fukushima resistors might also distribute the PRP resistors and all the other parts acquired in other group buys (power switch, Schurter or PowerCons, ....) in a single package.

I am in charge for distribution of the Fukus in Europe and willing to extend my duties. What's the attitude of the other two distributors?

I think you need a volunteer (preferably in the US) to match the PRPs first before distributing.

Matching in US is preferred because it does not make sense to send them to Europe, pay tax, match, and send back to the US amongst others.

Don't underestimate the quantities. I never thought we would be matching 2000 Fukushima's. But we are !!

Patrick

If someone else is willing to match and seperate the PRP resistors, I'd be willing to mail them out with the Fukushima resistors for North America. I could even just give them to flg (he's just across the bay from me) since he is doing the distributing the cases for NA.

>I think you need a volunteer (preferably in the US) to match the PRPs first before distributing.

Alright, that's true too!

I misinterpreted your post in which you first mentioned the PRPs and the three continents: I thought, a minor intention of it was to apply slight pressure on the Fuku distributors to extend their tasks.

Note: 1 set = 1 complete F5X build (dual mono amps + PS)

Europe
NicMac 2 sets
Mravinsky 2 sets
APK 2 sets
Chalkandtalk 1 set
heinz1 2 sets
JBdV 2 sets
Ramallo 1 set

Asia
pmchoong 2 sets
Nikon1975 2 sets
qusp 1 set

USA
alazira 1 set
pchw 1 set
horio 2 sets

Note: 1 set = 1 complete F5X build (dual mono amps + PS)

Europe
NicMac 2 sets
Mravinsky 2 sets
APK 2 sets
Chalkandtalk 1 set
heinz1 2 sets
JBdV 2 sets
Ramallo 1 set

Asia
pmchoong 2 sets
Nikon1975 2 sets
qusp 1 set

USA
alazira 1 set
pchw 1 set
horio 2 set
Westley 2 sets

Joined 2009
Paid Member
Tentative participant list for PRP resistors for EUVL F5X build:

Europe
NicMac 2 sets
Mravinsky 2 sets
APK 2 sets
Chalkandtalk 1 set
heinz1 2 sets
JBdV 2 sets
Ramallo 1 set

Asia
pmchoong 2 sets
Nikon1975 2 sets
qusp 1 set

USA
alazira 1 set
pchw 1 set
horio 2 set
Westley 2 sets

Notes: This is a tentative list of members interested in a GB for PRP resistors for a EUVL F5X build (1 set = 1 complete F5X build (dual mono amps + PS)). The GB is run by NicMac, but was suggested by EUVL and kindly made possible by Fitzfish (see post #23). I will post more exact information on composition of a "set" (number and values), pricing and means of distribution/delivery when I have this information.

Tentative participant list for PRP resistors for EUVL F5X build:

Europe
NicMac 2 sets
Mravinsky 2 sets
APK 2 sets
Chalkandtalk 1 set
heinz1 2 sets
JBdV 2 sets
Ramallo 1 set
Studley 1 set

Asia
pmchoong 2 sets
Nikon1975 2 sets
qusp 1 set

USA
alazira 1 set
pchw 1 set
horio 2 set
Westley 2 sets

Notes: This is a tentative list of members interested in a GB for PRP resistors for a EUVL F5X build (1 set = 1 complete F5X build (dual mono amps + PS)). The GB is run by NicMac, but was suggested by EUVL and kindly made possible by Fitzfish (see post #23). I will post more exact information on composition of a "set" (number and values), pricing and means of distribution/delivery when I have this information.

Amended list:

SumR (Canada)
(part number: RC0600 915 5; see post #179 and confirmed in post #181)

qusp
pmchoong (Malaysia)

Toroidy (Europe)

samoloko, mravinsky, heinz1, CeeVee, NicMac, APK, JBdV (2x), Studley (or Canterbury if they turn out to be the better option)

Antek (USA)

alazira

to be seen whether there is enough interest

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.