• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Potential MPC74 Fukushima resistors GB for EUVL's FX5

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
What to see how it looks like inside ?

;)

Patrick

Attachments

• MPC74-2.jpg
    MPC74-2.jpg
    118.5 KB · Views: 296
  • MPC74-3.jpg
    MPC74-3.jpg
    146.8 KB · Views: 288
It may be too late for me to get in on this but I could really use quantity 6 of the MPC74 0R47 K - that is the one that is 0.1 ohm at low temperature and 1.0 ohm at high temperature. Would be using these to restore a vintage DC coupled audio amp.
The amp only uses 4 but I am feeling lucky that six would get me a couple of not-too-far-off matches...

Read all previous posts - paid for quantity 8 of the 0R47 - keeping fingers crossed.

I am so very appreciative of the effort being made here. Thank-you all.

No one would even reply to an enquiry for small quantities. I tracked down the stocking distributor in Germany (previous post) but they were not responsive. All the clearance company has left are two other resistor values...

Dear Westsider1,

I am not sure what you are saying about the resistance being 0.1 at low temperature and 1 at high temperature. I think this resistors are very stable at their value. If you cannot get them from the GB, I may help you, as I have some spares. From what I see the measured value is very consistent in the same batch, although they are rated 10 %

Davide

Resistance Value

I was corrected by another astute member.
0.1 to 1.0 is the range of available resistor values.
E.g. 0.10 ohm, 1.2 ohm, 1.5 ohm, etc.

But these are positive temperature coefficent "thermistors" whose resistance increases with temperature.
So, e.g. 0R22 would be a value of 0.22 ohm at some test temperature or test current (e.g. 20C / or 1 amp) but the resistance then increases with current (as the temperature of the part increases).

Joined 2009
Paid Member
The MPC74 resistors have a Temp. coeff. of resistance specified to +/-350ppm/˚C.
I assume this means that their resistance may change up to 0.035% when the temperature is changed by on degree, or 3.5% for a change in temperature of 100˚C.
Definitely very lousy thermistors:)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.