• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Potential GB for Jensen transformers for Sony VFET project

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Even then, there is a risk of customs for such a big shipment to Europe.
On the other hand if I order just a couple of transformers directly, most probably I won' t have to pay any taxes. At least in my country, as I have done it a few times.
So I think that I better go by myself. There is a big chance that the discount will be balanced by the extra shipment and customs.

Stale25 canceled.

European list. thanks

For those who have just found this thread, this is a Group Buy for the Jensen transformer used by Nelson Pass in the Sony VFET amplifier article, model JT-112-LCF. According to Dave Hill, General Manager at Jensen Transformers, that transformer is electrically equivalent to the PC board version, model JT-123-FLPCH. Also according to Mr. Hill, Jensen has just renamed the JT-112-LCF as the JT-123-FLCF.

If you are interested in participating in this Group Buy, you can purchase units of either or both models:
JT-123-FLCF – Wire termination=23.19 EU
JT-123-FLPCH – PCB termination=20.10EU
Shipping , taxes is not included

price with GB discount for example if 4 wire Jensens
this mean 34 EU in Your pocket saved.

border="1"
|-
| class="tcat" | Region
| class="tcat" | Volunteer
| class="tcat" | Location
|-
| Europe || soundhappy || France
|-

border="1"
|-
| class="tcat"| #
| class="tcat"| Member Name
| class="tcat"| Wire
| class="tcat"| PCB
| class="tcat"| America
| class="tcat"| Europe
| class="tcat"| Asia/Oceania
| class="tcat"| OK
|-
||1||dady || 2 || || || Spain || ||*
|-
||2||soundhappy || 2 || || || France || ||*
|-
||3||Lazybutt || 2 || || || France || ||*
|-
||4||Abraxas336 || 2 || || || Germany || ||*
|-
||5||gig || || 2 || || Italy || ||*
|-
||6||xLoff || 2 || || || Germany || ||*
|-
||7||Cobra2 || || 2|| || Norway || ||*
|-
||8||dr.strangelove3 || 2 || || || Netherlands || ||*
|-
||9||Vgeorge || 2 || || || Greece || ||*
|-
||10||iestynrw || 2 || || || UK || ||*
|-
||11||superberg || || 2 || || Germany || ||*
|-
||12||dimkasta || 4 || || || Greece || ||*
|-
||13||SigFire|| 2 || || || Germany || ||*
|-
||14||CeeVee|| 2 || || || Portugal || ||*
|-
||15||Vtr|| 2 || 2 || || Austria || ||*
|-
||16||R-K Rønningstad|| 2 || 2 || || Norway || ||*
|-
||17||homme_de_terre|| 2 || || || Germany || ||*
|-
||18||Evlah|| 2 || || || Greece || ||*
|-
||19||NicMac|| 2 || || || Italy || || *
|-
||20||AFT|| || 2 || || France || || *
|-
||21||BDL|| || 2 || || Romania || || *
|-
||22||IkeH|| 2 || || || Austria || ||*
|-
||23||mkc|| || 2 || ||Denmark|||| *
|-
||24||Permaneder||||2 || || Germany|||| *
|-
||25||emyeoui|||| 2 || || Italy|||| *
|-
||26||Gwrskien|| 2 || || ||Norway || || *
|-
||27||NPower|| || 2 || ||Portugal|| || *
|-
||**|| Counts|| 38||22||||27||||**

Even then, there is a risk of customs for such a big shipment to Europe.
On the other hand if I order just a couple of transformers directly, most probably I won' t have to pay any taxes. At least in my country, as I have done it a few times.
So I think that I better go by myself. There is a big chance that the discount will be balanced by the extra shipment and customs.

Hi Diyers
This is e-mail i have received from Jensen:

" Hi Christophe
Your price for 40pcs of our JT-123-FLCF is $34.30 ea
For 20pcs of the JT-123-FLPCH is $29.73 ea. An estimate weight of this order
is about 20lbs it could be less but wont be able to determine it until we
are ready to ship this is an estimate shipping cost via UPS $263.00 USD it
would take 4-days to arrive to you.
Please note that the shipping cost is just an estimate and could change.
If you have any other questions feel free to ask.

Teresa Delgado
Order Desk "

4 days is quick express shipping with UPS.
263 $ is high price but divided by 27 is 9,74$=7,10 € for every one after from me to all countrys shipping be ~19 € total estimated cost for shipping is ~26,10 € without customs , importation fees...?
Final price be more cheap 4 days is express one if we are more patien this be less priced.
Today i have send new e-mail about less cost shipping formula to Ms. Delgado.
I am ask my self about price of importation fees ?
If small packet be without customs fees this make GB time consuming and without big money save.
Finally maybe you feel more comfortable command on line...?

Best regards
Christophe :)

Dear friend Happy, Christophe, the best. Some of us of this thread said, I don't remember who but the important is: Maybe they can give us a discount code for each member of the list, America, Europe etc, and each of us give the own transaction with the code. Maybe The group (each member) could send the payment and after that jensen share the transformer, the other choice is that you receive the 60 transformers at home, pay the custom and bla bla bla, and after share between the european group.
Get the idea? dude?

Hi again
Jensen respose this evening :

" Hello Christophe,
Okay here is another shipping option I have we can ship via our postal service Priority Mail International Medium Flat-Rate for the cost of $61.75 USD.
Since you have a big order we would have to ship it in two separate boxes so the total cost would be $123.50 USD and it takes about 6-10 days to arrive to you. Please let me know if this is a better option for you.

Teresa Delgado
Order Desk "

What your opinion ?

Greetings
Christophe

UPS and fedex also charge about 80 euros as their broker's fees, unless you go down there and do the works of importation yourself. There might also be some ~30 euros paperwork fees for that option. At least this is how ti works here in Greece.

From my perspective, the best bet is plain USPS and prayer that the good old postal service does us a favor and passes the package unchecked...

Or someone from the US jumps in to save the day and ship the items one by one

WalterW said:
soundhappy said:
Hi WalterW
Could please you give me amouth of importation or custom fees from USA Jensen transformers for Vfet amp do you have pay any ?
how much ?

Hi,

I ordered 4 transformers, about 180 US Dollars, and I had to pay about 36 Euros to the postman, customs.
And customs did hold the items for about two a three weeks :-(

Walter
Thanks WalterW
Best regards

This early morning I received this letter. This is the answer to the first letter, Know only God when I will receive the answer from Teresa Delgado I sent her asking for a massive buy of this transformers for a GB on Europe.
Tell me my Frenchi friend, Christophe which is your best decision. You the brain of the organization, but you are not Marseillés...
Regards and Happy sounds.

Esteban,

Thank you for your interest in Jensen Transformers. I apologize for the delay in answering your email request. I just found your email below buried in my inbox.

At the present time, we do not have any distributors in your area, so you can order directly from us if you are still interested.

We are aware that Mr. Pass has been publishing designs on the diyaudio forum that use some Jensen transformer models. The most current one that he has posted shows our wire lead based output transformer model JT-112-LCF.

Since Mr. Pass has posted his new design, we have been getting inquiries and orders for the JT-112-LCF. However, we did not have stock on them, so since we are doing a new production run of these to have them available for diyaudio members, we are going to take the opportunity now to formally renumber the JT-112-LCF as the JT-123-FLCF. This is a part number change only. The JT-112-LCF and JT-123-FLCF are exactly the same transformer. We changed the part number so that the JT-112-LCF will finally match all the other JT-123 series output transformers.

The JT-123-FLCF's are in stock now. Your cost for 2 pieces would be $43.60 each in US Dollars, plus shipping. We recommend shipping by US Air Mail 1st Class Priority Flat Rate Small Box which has a fixed cost of $24.75 USD. It should take about 1-2 weeks to arrive to you. So an order of 2 ea JT-123-FLCF's would be $43.60 x 2 = $87.20 + $24.75 + $111.95 USD.

You can place an order for the transformers with Teresa Delgado at our order desk by fax or email. We accept Visa, MasterCard, and American Express. If you are using a Visa card or MasterCard, we will need the additional 3-digit code that is on the back of the card, located on the strip where you sign your name. If using American Express, please include the additional 4-digit code that is printed on the front of the card.

We also accept payment by PayPal at: paypal@jensen-transformers.com

We will wait for your reply.

Best regards,
Dave Hill, Gen. Mgr.
Jensen Transformers, Inc.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.