Post your Solid State pics here

Disabled Account
Joined 2007
I board mounted mine but it's part of the soft start:

Picture1068.jpg

It doesn't get hot enough to melt solder on the leads but you could crimp it to the wires, heat shrink and tie wrap those down to keep it away from things.

fantasticly nice, MJL21193
softstart with thermistor

I must say some diy audio members are so very good, makes so very nice stuff
:cool: Professional PRO Top Class level Product!
thinks lineup
-----

One question to you:
How much can that 'fuse' green wire take, before it 'burns'.

Myself, I have even used a very thin copper wire strand as one 25 Ampere Fuse .. once. But dont do this at home
.. use real fuses, Slow or Fast .. this depends on where and what circuit.

Thanks FastEddy
The pcb is glued but the wood is hold in place with metal screws.

The idea of the wood all over is to separate a little the parts from the case/mains ground; pcb's are 10 R over ground and volume control pcb is grounded on the case/mains. Signal wires are messy and trans is close but no hum or interference. I was supposed to put metal separators but it is now useless.

My DX HRII

Not to over-post (I have already posted pics in the DX thread), but here is my DX HRII amplifier submitted for "solid state" pics.

For more explanation and pictures check out this link.

I cannot believe how good this amplifier sounds.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Moderators Please delete my previous post - there is problems with hosting on local server.

Here is pictures of my Leach Amp 4.5 (Main construction details - Black anodized case, 4mm aluminum chassis and Transformer 800VA + 2x 30 000uF capacitors , other parts as described on Leach site) :

DSC00918.jpg

DSC00919.jpg

DSC00920.jpg

DSC00952.jpg

I know- the transformer is too powerful for this amp. Output transistors from Digi Key - MJ 15003/4G from ON and i hope they are genius .
Here is some internal pictures but i don't like how looks glued bias diodes - i will try to find some metal fixing bracket for them.

DSC00934-1.jpg

DSC00923.jpg

DSC00925.jpg

P.s.

I will learn and learn from other good DIY projects on this site !
;)

Gabdx1 / Cookie Box Amp: " ... The idea of the wood all over is to separate a little the parts from the case/mains ground ..."

Many folks feel that wood can add to the overall sound quality as well ... But I have used wood where possible as simple insulator (as you indicate) and as a "removable" platform for parts without damaging the more esoteric containers (chassis'). My favorite is that thinner, multi-ply plywood that model builders like ... some of which is quite attractive ... ;)

Many folks feel that wood can add to the overall sound quality as well

Uh huh, :rolleyes: The same people that spend 1000$ on speaker cables and suspend them in mid-air :clown: . Wood is good for pure aesthetics (MJL , show the patchwork front panel) , many other materials are better as insulators (wood absorbs H2O).
a wooden plywood circle could be used to set your 30lb. toroid on ,but a circle cut out of a polyethylene garbage can is far superior. :D
OS