Post your Solid State pics here

Last edited:
The GB board Jens designed years ago can be used for building blocks to make a four way XO. If you want it all on one board, you'll need to do it yourself. Jens may be willing to share the board files if you'd like to get some built on your own. There were a lot of boards sold and not many projects documented, so there may be some available if you ask. http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/group-buys/74420-active-filter-board-gb.html.

Remember that the your stated 4th order LR target response is a combination of acoustic and electrical responses. A 4th order electrical filter is appropriate if (and only if) your drivers' in box responses are well behaved and flat to 1.5-2 octaves outside of the passband. You may well find that to get a fourth order rolloff your electrical transfer function is only 2nd or 3rd order.

Start a design thread to get better assistance and avoid cluttering this thread further.

nothing wrong with using an older Thread.
But the one you found is very short of information.
Just 15 posts and not all of them to be believed.

True, but I was mostly looking at that thread's title, which is right in line with what I'm going for.

I didn't find anything worthwhile in that thread, but we could fill it with something that is.

Indeed an oldie and has been dead for a long time.
I had not found that one, so I'll have to read through everything there. It'll take a while.
It's too bad the title isn't quite right though.
What I aiming for is designing and building from scratch and not touching at anything ready made on the market.

More for me to read through, and that one too doesn't have a title quite right and would be misleading, since it's 3 way and it's about a kit.

I don't think it's feasible to change a thread's title, and that wouldn't be right anyway.

And the moxlite and then the three from ~10years ago.
Then we can ask to get all this off topic stuff removed/moved.

What do you mean? Move these few comments from this thread to an other?
Isn't it somewhat important that the discussion would be in line with the thread's title?

The GB board Jens designed years ago can be used for building blocks to make a four way XO. If you want it all on one board, you'll need to do it yourself.

I will design my pcbs and everything. That xover design is only a small part of a much larger planned system. I already have my speakers built and now I need the electronics to go with them.

I will surely take a look at his design. Maybe I can get inspired and get my own design better.

That larger system I have in mind would regroup the quad power amps, xover and a bunch of automation to render this thing mostly autonomous, with hardly any human intervention. All of this put into a single structure somewhat similar to a rack, but short and on wheels, to be placed right next to the speakers, with the shortest power cables possible going to each speaker. The signal would come from remote on a symetric link.

This on each side of the stereo system, duplicated.

I already have done some work on the rack design in MCAD, so I already know a bit about how it will be (quite heavy for sure).

Jens may be willing to share the board files if you'd like to get some built on your own. There were a lot of boards sold and not many projects documented, so there may be some available if you ask. http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/group-buys/74420-active-filter-board-gb.html.

I guess other people could be interested in those, but since what I'm trying to do has much more integrated with this, I'm not looking for existing designs.

Remember that the your stated 4th order LR target response is a combination of acoustic and electrical responses. A 4th order electrical filter is appropriate if (and only if) your drivers' in box responses are well behaved and flat to 1.5-2 octaves outside of the passband. You may well find that to get a fourth order rolloff your electrical transfer function is only 2nd or 3rd order.

I suppose this will come to light along the way.

Start a design thread to get better assistance and avoid cluttering this thread further.

Yes, agreed. This is coming off topic for this thread. Some cleanup needs to be done, but before going to an other thread, I think the real subject should come into consideration.

I'm only looking for a 4 ways design, which would be like a mono system, because it would be physically separated for each channel.

Here (attached) is a synoptic diagram of what I have in mind for that xover:

Attachments

• synoptic.pdf
    11.6 KB · Views: 78
This thread is intended as a gallery of completed projects, not a discussion/design thread. The original idea was just pictures and links back to the build thread if any for discussion. We have strayed quite a bit from that.

If you title your thread something like "Help wanted designing a four way active speaker" I'm sure you'll get lots of assistance and the moderators can clean this thread up a bit.

Sriracha eXtreme Bruno Class A MonoBlockk 100W - 8ohms

Attachments

• Sriracha eX Class A MonoBlk 100W.8ohms.jpg
    Sriracha eX Class A MonoBlk 100W.8ohms.jpg
    444.8 KB · Views: 996
I think Erik777 is running it de-rated with 25v rails so dissipation probably less.

If not conventional Class A, what type of Class A is it?

Yes, I believe he's running on 15Vac. I just received my two Toroidy encapsulted transformers with the same voltage. I was running it at 18.5Vac (with amplifier load on PSU) and it was dissipating way too much.

Thanks
Do

This thread is intended as a gallery of completed projects, not a discussion/design thread. The original idea was just pictures and links back to the build thread if any for discussion. We have strayed quite a bit from that.

If you title your thread something like "Help wanted designing a four way active speaker" I'm sure you'll get lots of assistance and the moderators can clean this thread up a bit.

I ended up making up a new thread with what I feel is appropriate as a title, for the theme.

www.diyaudio.com/forums/solid-state/297631-designing-4-way-active-crossover-filter.html

I didn't see an old thread that was close enough, so I made a new one.

Perhaps the moderators could delete the extraneous conversations about this lately from this thread, since it's the wrong theme, to bring down the "pollution" (unintended).