Post your Solid State pics here

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Hi AJT,
You couldn't have stored it in a safer place! What do we do once the manufacture and sale of larger power light bulbs has been halted?

Hi LKA,
A K200? I'll have to look around and find out about it. It appears as though it is using the NJW type devices, so that catches my interest right away.

-Chris

Modular EF3 w/ HEC. I'm embarrassed ... I'm "scared" of the HEC's
local FB !

Still , modular. Watch out , HEC does not "get along" with some input
stage topologies.

OS

Prototype has been built (green, pcb v2.0), it works well, it's stable. White pcb is an improved version (I hope). Open loop thd is 0.05% (1k, 50W, 8ohm), with HEC 0.005%.

Attachments

• K200-K5-K4.jpg
    K200-K5-K4.jpg
    578 KB · Views: 1,237
Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Hi Kevin,
But doesn't that exclude the higher wattage lamps needed to allow a reasonable amount of energy when you have an amplifier ? I did read somewhere that appliance lamps (25 w) and similar will continue to be legal. They wanted to eliminate the 60 watt and up sizes. The floodlight world would be affected with this as LED lamps are far more costly than the garden variety floodlight.

-Chris

Beautiful , LKA !!

I like it when a plan works out.

(below 1-3) The new slewmaster V3 output stage with
a (leach) "spooky" amp running it.

V2 was real good (with a big extrusion). V3 will do well on a 3U or 5U.
38C inside , 45C outside (Hot here ! 35C+ ....
Output devices "spread out" really gets that heat dissipated. Under 1C/ or
1mv bias difference on any of the 10 outputs.

I like how the thermal math worked out nearly exact. The .4C/W HeatsinkUSA
rating came out to a 18C rise. With 45W total idle - I'm at exactly 38C.

OS

Attachments

• slewV3all.jpg
    slewV3all.jpg
    123.4 KB · Views: 1,288
  • slewV3drivers.jpg
    slewV3drivers.jpg
    162.6 KB · Views: 1,266
  • Itliveslewaw3.jpg
    Itliveslewaw3.jpg
    117.1 KB · Views: 1,190
Hi LKA,
That is really nice work! I think you have our attention, and beginning your own thread on this would be a great help. It will keep the information together in one place for your amplifier.

-Chris

Forum thread - I tried twice now (in my country), no one was much interested. First of all, I want to finish the whole amp and do some listening tests, then I'll see.

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Hi LKA,
If you want to wait, that's fine. But if you look at most other threads, they chart the development from concept to final working design. The community is very helpful here. You should give them a chance. Don't be put off by a couple of folks who like to think they know everything, just ignore those people.

A thread is no charge, free. You are not going to be out anything for doing this. Some of the best help in the world hangs out here occasionally. They often will give you great advice just because they are nice people.

-Chris

Forum thread - I tried twice now (in my country), no one was much interested. First of all, I want to finish the whole amp and do some listening tests, then I'll see.

I like your work ! The EC OPS is due here on the forum.

I'd be willing to make it the "V4" slewmaster - if it would "behave" with
all those IPS's ... :D

Your OPS is different from the Cordell one. (simpler) :cool::cool:

OS

plain ol' EF3 new OPS ...

It workz , shakes the house most thoroughly !
(below). Had a few problems , easy to fix ... with a superior design .

The IPS led's told me the what the fault was , and the protection kept
my woofer voice coils from being "slag" ...
- how cool .

OS

Attachments

• doneslew.jpg
    doneslew.jpg
    125.3 KB · Views: 1,133