Post your Solid State pics here

APEX AX11mkII

Attachments

• AX11mkII slika 4.jpg
    AX11mkII slika 4.jpg
    195 KB · Views: 1,428
Hello valvesound,

here are some inner details of the aleph (of cause it's very tight...)
I build it as a double mono construction with two transformers and two power boards.
I also integrated two separate soft start with separate speaker protection.
you see, every space in the amplifier is well filled... :D

Gosh where in the world did you get those heatsinks ;)
I'd be real proud if my missus carried round a pair of those ();

My first effort into SS amplification

Here a few pics of my first effort into building a SS amp.

The amp is based on Rod Elliots P3A 100W power amp and the P88 pre amp. I added a speaker protection kit from Altronic.
The power supply is point to point wired, 42+/-DC unregulated for the power amp and 15+/- DC regulated for the pre amp. All run of the mill parts were used except for the Alps volume pot.
:)

Attachments

• 2013_0315PowerSupply0021.jpg
    2013_0315PowerSupply0021.jpg
    975.8 KB · Views: 1,442
  • 2013_0315PowerSupply0026.jpg
    2013_0315PowerSupply0026.jpg
    967.9 KB · Views: 1,275
  • 2013_0430Amp0006.jpg
    2013_0430Amp0006.jpg
    968.3 KB · Views: 1,170
  • Inside view.jpg
    Inside view.jpg
    816.6 KB · Views: 1,109
  • The finished amp1.jpg
    The finished amp1.jpg
    185.9 KB · Views: 957
  • All hooked up1.jpg
    All hooked up1.jpg
    231 KB · Views: 416

The amp is based on Rod Elliots P3A 100W power amp and the P88 pre amp. I added a speaker protection kit from Altronic.
The power supply is point to point wired, 42+/-DC unregulated for the power amp and 15+/- DC regulated for the pre amp. All run of the mill parts were used except for the Alps volume pot.

Well done looks great.

Very nice, please consider drilling some holes for ventilation, maybe more heat sinking (depends on whether you hold house parties:D)

kind regards,

Harrison.

42 volt rails ..... minimal to non existing heatsink ....no ventilation you are on the very risky side my friend

42 volt rails ..... minimal to non existing heatsink ....no ventilation you are on the very risky side my friend

I hear you, and Harrison. :(

The heat sink is on the small site. It has been playing on my mind as well.
Bear in mind that the bottom cover is cut out around the heat sink and that there is a corresponding air vent on top of the amp. So air can circulate.
But yes, when I made the enclosure I did not think ahead far enough. I did run the amp for a few hours keeping an eye on the temperature and at the listening levels I run it, there has been no issue.

I certainly take some learning from this amp build and I look forward to the next project when inspiration hits me.:scratch:

Stephan