Post Your Results II

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
first effort pleased with result

this is so cool i wish i had done it a while ago.
had trouble finding a 15inch lcd which was easy to take apart, but thanks to your forum keeped my eyes open and found a BenQ fp531 on ebay.
a few shots off my setup working, love the xbox360 vga cable makes it very easy to test, also fiber optic out for dolby 5.1 sound to give the full movie feel, man i love this.

Attachments

• fifthelement.jpg
    fifthelement.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 1,387
updated ohp

just an update, large box now allowed into the house, on wheels so that it will fit into the broom cupboard out of sight when not in use.
will be projecting on flat wall painted in a off white colour, will post results of image quality later.
below pics done in garage on white blockout curtain material.
box.jpg

car.jpg

fifthelement2.jpg

matrix.jpg

matrix2.jpg

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

size approx 7 X 2.5 feet, projector 3m from wall

Not the Fifth Element! Ultraviolet

Hi again! here are a few pics from the film Ultraviolet, with her from the Fifth Element, Mila jolovich? or something. :)
ultraviolet02.jpg

ultraviolet01.jpg

And a blatant link pic!
diycinemalogo.jpg

DIYCINEMA.CO.UK
LOL
D2D
P.S. the last pic was taken with the PC directly connected to the LCD, the two from the film were taken using a VGA box and svideo out from graphics card, so not as good as the pic is now.
Pics not enhanced in anyway, just cropped and JPEGGED up for size constraints.

I'm brand new to this forum but have already built my projector from a different site. I like everyones submissions. But I have a few questions to try and improve my projector.

Is there a OHP modification to remove the corners? I didn't think so but hopefully I am wrong. Also, does anyone have any solutions for a enclosure for just the overhead so it doesn't look so ghetto in my living room?

I will post my pics soon.

ravishi said:
I'm brand new to this forum but have already built my projector from a different site. I like everyones submissions. But I have a few questions to try and improve my projector.

Is there a OHP modification to remove the corners? I didn't think so but hopefully I am wrong. Also, does anyone have any solutions for a enclosure for just the overhead so it doesn't look so ghetto in my living room?

I will post my pics soon.

Dear Ravishi
You may see our enclosure and results by clicking the following link:-
http://www.drtsolutions.com/Projector.htm
Ram Kishan

Re: Beta version results

bfourcade said:
Hi everyone,
I got some pics from my beta version proyector.
I'm using an Proxima Ovation 842 LCD panel, and a 400w MH single ended monster bulb with a soup laddle reflector , a 60mm condenser lens (DiYLabs) an 80mm Triplet projection lens (DIY Labs), an OHP fresnel from Surplus Shed in a custom made OHP style box (actually a PC Cabinet). For the screen I pick a Window Shade from WallMart and stick some black fabric for the borders.
I'm very pleased with this first results, so now I will take my time and do the detailled work, stripping the panel,, improving the light box (needs to be improved because I'm wasting a lot of light in this quick setup) and put all the things inside a MidTower Pc Cabinet.
So here are some pics (Its my first results post so I hope to being doing it well)

lol thats one ugly luking thang,
Thank god it's beta :p

Attachments

• 111.jpg
    111.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 824
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.