Post Your Results II

and one more (the last one also had my $1 shower curtain tapes t the wall so the colours were a bit better) as is this one

Attachments

• gandolf projector 008.jpg
    gandolf projector 008.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 1,849
my setup

I'm using a polaroid polaview 3000 via vga to my computer. I bought some screen material off of ebay which i wrapped around a 4 x 8 board and am using a dukane 4003 projector. I've been very satisfied with it but I wanna upgrade to a dismantled LCD monitor so I am waiting on a viewsonic vg150 in the mail. I am also thinking about building a wooden frame so i can stretch the screen material more to get rid of some wrinkles that are in it.

telex m2x (640 x 480)
dukane 4003 with enx bulb (3000) lumens
dimage z1 camera taking a 99% acurate picture
baer silverscreen paint (home depot)
7.3333 ft screen size in dark room

Over all, the quality is awesome. The only - is the sde if you get within 5 ft. of screen.

Attachments

• projector 002.jpg
    projector 002.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 2,185
I just want to say that the reason that it turned out so perfect is the opening between my kitchen and family room. ALL of the light and heat goes into the kitchen, while I lay in the family room with a perfect image. and the total cost was about 120$ + 8$ for the silverscreen paint!

Yes, we go through a lot of torture to build these self-contained units, which really aren't that portable. At least 95% of the time, it'll be pointing at the same place. It almost seems easier to grab some 2x4's and some drywall, and build a small A/V closet in the back of the room with just the lens sticking out. Run a vent to the basement and the attic, leave everything open to the airflow and stick your computer gear back there too. Then get together with five other buddies who did the same thing, and chip in on a communal $1200 1000-lumen DLP for portable use when someone needs it.

It all makes sense if you own your house....

Re: Re: nice

blake_mooney said:

Actually DIY has surpassed that.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

(although you do have a nice projector :))

Blake I am a noob and seeing your picture of yoda i would guess you have a really good setup and i was wondering what you used to build your projector, Sorry I dont know if you have posted this in the past but i was just wondering.

another noob question: out of the research ive done so far i would like to say as from a noobs perspective is that what I wonder most about is that how do you know the distances between the light+LCD+fresnels and all that in the projector.
again i dont know if this has been posted before. Sorry.

thanks alot

Re: Re: Re: nice

viking said:

Blake I am a noob and seeing your picture of yoda i would guess you have a really good setup and i was wondering what you used to build your projector, Sorry I dont know if you have posted this in the past but i was just wondering.

another noob question: out of the research ive done so far i would like to say as from a noobs perspective is that what I wonder most about is that how do you know the distances between the light+LCD+fresnels and all that in the projector.
again i dont know if this has been posted before. Sorry.

thanks alot

No I was just posting an example of some good results a guy got, that's not my projector. But here is a link explaining what components the guy who built it used, and with more result pics.

my result

Hi

I have been using a OHP with a 250watt bulb. I did quite some perfection and I believe I now have as good as I can get it:

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

and here are the results:

hope you like it :)

m@arten

P.s I spent about 120 euro's on this project..not bad huh ;)

Thanks

yes the image is pretty big... I would say it is about 120'' :). and my room is about 4 by 4 meters.

but yes it sometimes it too big, I now have it in my bedroom and it is not prefect to watch movies (no goodplace to sit). but the image quit nice. few days ago I organised a movienight in the living room. It was awesome....:)

M@arten