• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Possible OPA2134 Group Buy

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
To add yourself to the WIKI, just click on the "click here to edit this wiki page" link at the bottom of the page. Then copy the line with blanks, paste it twice and insert your information in the table. In the editmode the table looks like

||Myname||1200||_||

Don't forget to update the total.

Gengis will announce the close date. Probably will be soon before the buy gets too big to handle.

OPA2134PA; Confirmed $1.32 each + shipping. + 14 week of lead time.
I need to set up an account w/ vendor to get that pricing. I will be emailing to confirm--invoice thereafter.

Anyone wants the heat sink for the Scalable PSU Bob Ellis is doing, please let me know, so they can be ship out w/ the OPA to save on shipping. They are $1.74 per pair.

gengis said:
OPA2134PA; Confirmed $1.32 each + shipping. + 14 week of lead time.
I need to set up an account w/ vendor to get that pricing. I will be emailing to confirm--invoice thereafter.

Genghis--

I, like everyone else here, I'm sure, want to thank you for taking on this massive GB. And I hope this doesn't come across as being too critical. But I'm curious what vendor has 14-week lead on these in the US?

Digikey is showing 8503 in stock, with pricing at $1.365 for 1000. To me, it doesn't make sense to wait 14 weeks to save $0.045 per chip, especially with the boards almost in Bob's hands.

Thanks again for doing all of this, I just wanted to suggest a vendor that might be a little quicker.

--Greg

Good point Greg. I may be partly to blame for the long lead mindset. When I started this thread we looked at digikey's pricing and Ti's "budgetary price" and thought maybe we could buy directly from TI to save $.25/chip.

I agree, a nickel (or even a hundred nickels) is not worth waiting 14 weeks for.

The 14 week lead time comes from TI - once a production run is sold out, you go to the next scheduled run. When we started looking at this there was a lot available in early May, so 12-14 weeks seems to be the norm.

[rant] BTW, once you get out of buying commodity type items from distributors, 14 weeks often sounds like a short lead time. My company will frequently quote lead times in excess of 26 weeks for specials when engineering is loaded up and the shop is running two 10 hour shifts 6 days a week. My shipyard customers often order items two years or more before they will be received for installation. Some of the ships take 5 years to build... [/rant]

Another point to consider given the size of this buy. Since TI packages the chips in tubes of 25, if your order is close to a multiple of 25, please round accordingly. That will save gengis some time and counting in the packing process.

^^^So, the topic is open to discussion again. Let the group decide what to do then.

People; Voice your opinion please.

a.) Digikey--$1.365 each, instant gratification

b.) Avnet--$1.32 each, 14 week lead time.

Remember this is the price before shipping from the vendor. And I will add a bit for Anti-static bags, packing tape, looking at additional 4 cents each.

Gengis, Bob,

Thanks for organising this, I don't mind paying the extra 4,5cents (I also don't mind waiting a bit but 14 weeks is quite a long time).
BTW, we still run the risk of having to wait, even though Digikey quotes a price per 1000, or did they confirm the amount in stock?

Regards,

Jarno.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.